Tikka T3x Superlite Stainless 308

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tikka T3x Superlite Stainless 308

I just picked up one of these. Anyone else have one? I'm looking for some suggestions on factory loads to try out. Especially a heavier bullet. I'm hoping to use it for mule deer & maybe elk eventually. Thanks.

I have a box of Hornady Outfitter 165g GMX if you are looking for ammo. I don’t even have a 308 anymore. I’m right here in Boerne as well.

Comment

Sure. Thanks

Comment

Great rifle!

Comment

Should I have gone with 30-06 if I want heavier bullets? I wanted a 30 cal but the rifle only weighs 5.9lbs. I was trying to keep the recoil manageable.

Comment

I think you are fine with a .308 when considering caliber. With a rifle that light, I would think a 30-06 would be a little too stout unless you have no issues with heavy recoil.

Comment

That's good to hear. I was going for a "mountain rifle." Randy Newberg's alpine rifle is similar and he shoots 308 for elk frequently. It has a 1:11 twist so I'm hoping it will handle a 165 grain or even a 180 grain bullet.

Comment

I have a Tikka T3 in 308. Shot several different rounds but found my gun loves Nosler Accubonds 165gr and I assure you the animals hate them. Bull elk, whitetail, pigs all go down right there. Consider a brake if you don’t have one. Makes it a dream to shoot!

Comment

Is it pretty harsh without a break?

Comment

Recoil was not really a big problem to me but I did a brake knowing my wife and son will one day shoot it. Obviously the brake reduced the recoil but what I didn’t realize was how much it would help the muzzle jump as well. Like I said the recoil was manageable but it is night and day shooting it without and with a brake......

Comment

I have one in 7mm-08, has been a great mountain rifle. I eventually replaced the stock with a B&C which added a little weight but made a world of difference.

It’s got a few deer and a desert bighorn on it now

Comment

Awesome rifle

Comment

Anybody shoot 180 grain 308 factory loads?

Comment

I just recently bought the T3x Superlite in 243 Win. Love the rifle and it is very accurate right out of the box.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a 308 Tikka Lite SS and love it! Shot an elk with it in Arizona last year using 150 grain rounds.

Here it is behind me in one of the canyons while hunting in Arizona.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X