Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The official 2021 APR TBH special

Let’s get this thing rolling!

What it is – This is a once a year deal we extend to our TBH family that offers a significant discount on a rifle platform that we design as a group, right here on the forum(see the idea and planning threads). It is our way of showing our thanks to the members of this forum for their support throughout the years. As such, it is only available to TBH members. I know some of you really wanted the shorty to make the cut, so we went ahead threw it in as well! Options are as follows:

Option 1……..The Maverick Light
    $3,095 TBH Special Price/$3,495 Retail Price

This is our standard Maverick package that got put on a diet and given a trigger upgrade! It retains it’s classic sporter ergonomics, but drops about a pound by using a lighter action and our sporter contour carbon fiber barrel. Available in most short, short mag and long action chamberings - up to the Nosler family of cartridges. It will not be available in any of the long action Ultra Mags. Weights will range from 5.9 – 6.75 lbs depending on configuration.

Action: Defiance AnTi with 20 MOA aluminum rail
    Barrel: APR Carbon Fiber sporter contour cut-rifled(finishes .725”at the muzzle). Threaded 5/8-24 with blended thread protector. Available in lengths from 16”-26”
    Stock: AG Composites APR Hunter(paint ready, exposed carbon fiber, 3 sling studs, 2 flush cups)
    Trigger: Trigger Tech Special(adjusts from 1.0 - 3.5 lbs)
    Bottom Metal: APR BDL
    Finish: Cerakote action and Barrel ends in your color of choice. Standard Camo patterns, webbing or sponge camo on stock in your colors of choice

Upgrade options:
    Trigger Tech Diamond +$100
    ATS Barrel tuner (hunter model) +$200
    Front Pic Rail +$35
    Stenciled Paint Scheme or Hydro-dip on stock starting at +$250
    Muzzle brakes - Blended Radial +$100
    Blended Gill Style +$135
    Self-timing Gill +$135

Option 2……..The lightweight Shorty
    $3,495 in folding version/$3,345 in fixed version

This package is designed to be the ultimate suppressed pack rifle/truck gun. It will be available in short action chamberings such as 223 Rem, 6CM, 6.5CM, 260Rem, 7-08 Rem, 308 Win and 6.5 PRC. Other chamberings may be available upon request. Barrels will be from 16”-20” depending on Proof offerings per bore size. Weights will range from 5.9 – 6.5 lbs depending on configuration. Fixed versions will be the lightest.

Action: Defiance AnTi with 20 MOA aluminum rail
    Barrel: Proof Sendero. Threaded 5/8-24 with knurled thread protector.
    Stock: MPA Ultra Lite Chassis in folding or fixed configurations(features built in ARCA rail)
    Trigger: Trigger Tech Special(adjusts from 1.0 - 3.5 lbs)
    Bottom Metal: Accurate 5 round magazine
    Finish: Cerakote action and Barrel ends in your color of choice. Chassis available in Black, FDE, Gun Metal, Midnight Bronze, OD Green or Tungsten.

Upgrade options:
    Trigger Tech Diamond +$100
    ATS Barrel Tuner +$200
    Front Pic Rail +$20
    Custom Paint Scheme or Hydro-dip on stock starting at +$250
    Muzzle brakes - Blended Radial +$100
    Blended Gill Style +$135
    Self-timing Gill +$135
    Area 419 Hellfire +$170

When it is - We will begin taking orders at 10:00 AM beginning Tues 2/23/2021, and will stop taking orders at 5:00 PM on Weds 3/10/2021. Once the component orders are placed, the numbers are final. In other words…..when it cuts off, it’s off.

Timelines - All component orders will be placed on 3/15/2021. Timelines are going to be tricky this year. Our workload is heavy and supplies are not as reliable as they were a year ago. We are adding new machines to address our workflow, but that doesn’t help on parts delivery. As an example, Proof is running about 8 months out or more on barrels right now….so is Bartlein, and others are starting to follow. I’m not comfortable giving a delivery time based on what I see coming. We do have control over most of the parts used in option #1, so I can confidently say those rifles should be delivered well ahead of hunting season. We should be in a position to move quickly with option #2 when those barrels do arrive, but no guarantee those will complete before hunting season. Bottom line: We will do our best with what we have to work with.

Pricing/Deposits – A deposit of $2,000 will be required when order is placed. The remaining balance is due upon rifle’s completion.

How to participate – Simply call the shop to place your order or ask questions during normal business hours. Our number is 817-284-0034. Garrett, Jason, Hunter or myself will be happy to assist or consult with you on your build choices. There is an infinite number of camo patterns and color schemes to choose from, far too many to post here. I’d urge you to visit our FB or IG page to look at examples to get an idea of what’s possible. Left hand options WILL be available on both models. I’ll try my best to answer any questions on this thread, and there are plenty of other knowledgeable folks around here that can offer advice on cartridge selection, barrel lengths, twist rates, etc. I’m not going to answer any questions regarding this deal via PM, as I won’t have the opportunity to keep up with it very efficiently.

And sincerely, THANK YOU FOLKS THAT MAKE THIS POSSIBLE. The demo units for both of these options are on display at the shop. Feel free to drop by and check them out in person if you find yourself in the area.

Bonus Round – Wait……..I thought we were done? Almost. We’ve been in contact with the folks at AB Suppressors for a while now about our TBH deal. They have agreed to let us offer some special pricing to the TBH community for this group buy(which makes sense as one of this year’s models is completely designed to run suppressed). I’ve mentioned them on here before, but their reflex design and modular set-up makes them a very customizable, versatile and lightweight option that keeps OAL lengths to a minimum. I can’t post prices here, but contact the shop if you want to take advantage of this deal.

Pro tip - If you don't get us on the first call, most likely both lines are tied up and/or we are working with customers in person. You might have quicker results by trying back instead of leaving a voicemail, as often we can't get to those messages until the end of the day when it settles down.......especially early in the week.

We're getting a late start this year gentlemen, but it's finally here!
    Last edited by Stick1; 02-21-2021, 07:50 PM.

Looks awesome!

Comment

Can't wait! Ready to order.

Lee

Comment

Oh my

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Decisions decisions 😬 thank you APR for doing this!

Comment

Hmm considering parting with my x-bolt stainless 26 nosler and building one of these instead...

Robert - would you recommend going with a 24 or 26” barrel and what do you think about an 8 twist?

My current loads are Barnes 127 LRX and average 3510 FPS out of my X-bolt

Comment

Dam these are sweet Robert! Wish I could play this year but not in the cards. Looks like Ill wait til late Tuesday or Wednesday to check in with yall.

Thank you for this opportunity as always!

Comment

Originally posted by hgiles View Post
                  Hmm considering parting with my x-bolt stainless 26 nosler and building one of these instead...

Robert - would you recommend going with a 24 or 26” barrel and what do you think about an 8 twist?

My current loads are Barnes 127 LRX and average 3510 FPS out of my X-bolt

I honestly wouldn't recommend a 26 Nosler for this build. If you did do it, I'd go 26" and would be on an 8.5 on the fast end. I wouldn't be afraid of a 9 either, especially with that bullet. We've built a bunch on 8's and 8.5's and without question the 8.5's are much easier to deal with during load development and more forgiving with factory ammo.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                    Dam these are sweet Robert! Wish I could play this year but not in the cards. Looks like Ill wait til late Tuesday or Wednesday to check in with yall.

Thank you for this opportunity as always!
                    Neither can I! Lol. Kinda wanting one of those little folders in a BR or Dasher for a truck gun/P.Dog patrol/calling rig, but can't really justify it no matter which angle I approach it from. Haha

Comment

Robert, what barrel length would you recommend in 6.5 PRC, on option 1? It will be suppressed 99% of the time, with either a TBAC Dominus-CB or Nomad LT. Is a Wyatts box available? I’ll be calling on Tuesday to order. Thanks again for doing this!

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                        Neither can I! Lol. Kinda wanting one of those little folders in a BR or Dasher for a truck gun/P.Dog patrol/calling rig, but can't really justify it no matter which angle I approach it from. Haha
                        I agree completely. I think my altitude will make up for most of what I wanted in the maverick lite so that folder in a short efficient cartridge like you mentioned was high on my list. DAM the luck!!!

Comment

Originally posted by acc05R1 View Post
                          Robert, what barrel length would you recommend in 6.5 PRC, on option 1? It will be suppressed 99% of the time, with either a TBAC Dominus-CB or Nomad LT. Is a Wyatts box available? I’ll be calling on Tuesday to order. Thanks again for doing this!

A 20" or 22" would be a good "middle ground" length for a suppressed 6.5 PRC. If you go short action, it HAS TO HAVE a Wyatt's to even run factory ammo and you'll still only have about .020 clearance. We do most on L/A's for that reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                            I honestly wouldn't recommend a 26 Nosler for this build. If you did do it, I'd go 26" and would be on an 8.5 on the fast end. I wouldn't be afraid of a 9 either, especially with that bullet. We've built a bunch on 8's and 8.5's and without question the 8.5's are much easier to deal with during load development and more forgiving with factory ammo.

Thanks Robert. Appreciate the feedback on that and that you wouldn’t recommend that build this go round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Can you do the folder in 6.5SST? Also on the Maverick if I go that route can you get the Hellfire brake on it?

Comment

Working...
                              X