2007 Polaris Ranger 700 Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2007 Polaris Ranger 700 Issue

A ranger we usually keep at the lease, that is owned by someone else on the lease is having an issue.

Sometimes it acts like it is starving for fuel. Will run just fine and then all of the sudden this happens. Basically has a mind of its own. When it has the issue, it will stay running idle (not good but won’t die out). And when you give it throttle it will either not have enough power to move or will move but runs crappy with little power. You can keep trying and trying and eventually it will act right and run great.

This has been going on for many years, so it’s not bad fuel for sure. ethanol free was ran through it all season. Have a feeling it could be a sensor or something. Wondering if anyone has had similar issues and could give advice on what to check.

Probably the fuel pump.

Comment

Check wires going to the injectors. Rats had chewed the wires on #2 injector on mine, put it in limp mode and ran like crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Check fuel pump . Mine did the same thing twice it’s a 2005

Comment

Originally posted by HTOWN View Post
            Probably the fuel pump.
            This right, here. Just swapped out the fuel pump, on a 2014 Ranger 900, that had your exact symptoms. Ran like a champ, after the change. I did a complete oil change, oil/air filter change, and plug , a few months before, then it would barely run.

I did my research, and this is the kit I bought.

randy

Comment

Check the ECM and ECM plug and see if any of the connectors are burnt. The 700XP models had a a bad issue where the connectors on the ECM would melt and ruin the ECM. Google “ECM problems for Ranger 700XP” and all sorts of discussions come up about it.

Comment

Working...
              X