This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
    Wayna Morris - 5 start OT from Tennessee. He's in the portal. Looks like he will visit College Station and Norman. Jimbo had him committed at one time when he was at Florida State. We could use the help on the OL with all the Seniors departing.
    Is he the one who has a handler and only went to Tennessee because they had the highest bid?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
      Is he the one who has a handler and only went to Tennessee because they had the highest bid?
      I am really not sure. Doesn't change the fact that we could use a veteran tackle. Come on down to CStat!

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
        He’s being considered a replacement for Banks as an on field coach. Banks was making $750K so not chump change even know Sumlin is set for life.

On the analyst job at Bama, Sark talked this morning about Major and his role as an analyst for him. Major was in charge of 3rd down, so that’s he focused on during the week. He would present the 3rd down plan to Sark and his staff and that was their plan they would go into the game with. I though it was cool to hear that his role was to focus on a single down. That’s what these analyst do on staff.

He had great things to see about Major and knows he will do great as OC at South Alabama.
        Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
        I didn't realize that. After losing 10 or 11 straight I assumed he had to go back to an analyst role. Good for him if he can get a position coaching job.
        It is pretty common for coaches to have an offset clause in his buyout. So, whatever Bama pays him gets deducted from what Arizona is paying him. Not all coaching contracts do, but it is very common.

So, the position coach money isn't why Sumlin is there. It is to rehab his reputation and learn at the knee of the GOAT. For Bama, I am sure they want Sumlin on the recruiting trail, so he has to be a position coach instead of an analyst. Not only does he have a good reputation as a recruiter and extensive relationships with Texas high school coaches, but being able to tell kids that your position coach is a former head coach is a great selling point across the board.

Also, Sumlin has never been a lead dog offensive coordinator and generally isn't regarded as a top X's and O's guy, so his usefulness as an analyst is probably down the list of the positives for Bama.

Comment

Keontay actually only had two fumbles in over 400 carries. That, along with one dropped TD pass against LSU, has tarnished his reputation. He was very good when healthy at Texas. He was also banged up quite a bit. Not a home run hitter, but has good vision, balance, good one cut guy, and a very good receiver out of the backfield.

His half brother Kelvontay Dixon is a guy that was getting reports as a freshman on scout team and had a big play TD against Colorado. He has good track speed (10.6 100m in high school) and looks like a guy that could translate well to what Sark does. He was a Z receiver for Herman, not a slot guy.
          Last edited by El General; 01-15-2021, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
            Keontay actually only had two fumbles in over 400 carries. That, along with one dropped TD pass against LSU, has tarnished his reputation. He was very good when healthy at Texas. He was also banged up quite a bit. Not a home run hitter, but has good vision, balance, good one cut guy, and a very good receiver out of the backfield.

His half brother Kelvontay Dixon is a guy that was getting reports as a freshman on scout team and had a big play TD against Colorado. He has good track speed (10.6 100m in high school) and looks like a guy that could translate well to what Sark does. He was a Z receiver for Herman, not a slot guy.

He had some decent runs but as a whole was a big bunch of meh for me. Didn't seem to run hard much taking what he was given...except a few outlier runs that made me think maybe he does have something.. I'm sure some had to do with injuries as it seemed his best games were after long layoffs (like a bowl game). But he was injured so often he didn't ever get to real good status for me...just ok.. RoJo definitely ran harder and seemingly had more want to than Keontay imo.... I'm glad its Keontay in the portal and not Rojo. Bijan seemingly is on a whole different level......and this kid from Halletsville might pass up Rojo if he transfers to the college game well.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              He had some decent runs but as a whole was a big bunch of meh for me. Didn't seem to run hard much taking what he was given...except a few outlier runs that made me think maybe he does have something.. I'm sure some had to do with injuries as it seemed his best games were after long layoffs (like a bowl game). But he was injured so often he didn't ever get to real good status for me...just ok.. RoJo definitely ran harder and seemingly had more want to than Keontay imo.... I'm glad its Keontay in the portal and not Rojo. Bijan seemingly is on a whole different level......and this kid from Halletsville might pass up Rojo if he transfers to the college game well.
              Roschon is one of the toughest, hardest running dudes I have seen. It isn't much of a knock on Keontay that he didn't run as hard as Roschon. Keontay wasn't a world beater and he definitely was going to be limited in carries this year, so I understand why he wants to move on. Good luck to the kid.

The Halletsville kid isn't going to pass RoJo up for carries when Texas needs tough yards.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                Roschon is one of the toughest, hardest running dudes I have seen. It isn't much of a knock on Keontay that he didn't run as hard as Roschon. Keontay wasn't a world beater and he definitely was going to be limited in carries this year, so I understand why he wants to move on. Good luck to the kid.

The Halletsville kid isn't going to pass RoJo up for carries when Texas needs tough yards.

I'm suggesting as good a runner as that kid is he might eventually surpass Rojo in the rotation... not just short gains.

Comment

Meyer snatching up former Texas coaches. Strong and Ash are rumordered to be headed to the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                    Meyer snatching up former Texas coaches. Strong and Ash are rumordered to be headed to the NFL.
                    Dumb move by Urban. He'll fail like Saban and won't be able to come back and win 3-4 championships.

I hope he falls on his ****.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                      So Jones, Hansford and Peevy are returning seniors? All are starters and major contributors. Add Blades and Buckley back, as well. Anybody else still up in the air?
                      What about the DE Clemons?

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                        Dumb move by Urban. He'll fail like Saban and won't be able to come back and win 3-4 championships.

I think its a geography/wife move. Momma likes Fl and Urban was ok we'll go if I can see how the nfl gig is... If it works out great, if not he'll get another real bad headache and go fishing

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post

Didn’t get ur guy...now he’s taking ur guys?

I guess that’s a reason to be mad!

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                            Not sure he will be able to tolerate the overpaid crybabies of the NFL!

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                              Didn’t get ur guy...now he’s taking ur guys?

I guess that’s a reason to be mad!
                              I'm not mad. I just think it was a dumb move. Now that I heard about his wife perhaps it was a smart move on his part.

Besides, we taking all of Nick's guys. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                                I think its a geography/wife move. Momma likes Fl and Urban was ok we'll go if I can see how the nfl gig is... If it works out great, if not he'll get another real bad headache and go fishing

and $12 million a year richer too. I'd be "retired city".. No need to add more CFB championships after that.

Comment

Working...
                                X