DSLR Mic for Filming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DSLR Mic for Filming

As the title says, I’m looking for a mic for my Canon 70D for filming hunts. Does anyone have one they recommend? Anything particular I should look for or stay away from?

I have been running a TakStar SGC-598 for a little over a year now and I could not be happier with the performance or the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you Brazos, I’ll look into it!

Comment

Brazos, do you have any video or something you could share showing the quality of the sound?? That’s a heck of a price

Comment

I use a Rode VideoMicro and it works really well.

Comment

Thanks guys! Keep them coming!

Comment

I used a MOVO VXR-10 this season for the first time and have been happy with it. Michael recommended it to me and it's worked well for me so far. I was most impressed with it one morning duck hunting. Had a ton of birds come in way too early so I just recorded the audio from all the wigeon and pintails. Picked it up great, even from across the pond.

$40 on Amazon. Can't beat it for the price IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by ZachW View Post
                I use a Rode VideoMicro and it works really well.
                I just ordered one of those! I'm hearing good things

Comment

Originally posted by MooseontheLoose View Post
                  I used a MOVO VXR-10 this season for the first time and have been happy with it. Michael recommended it to me and it's worked well for me so far. I was most impressed with it one morning duck hunting. Had a ton of birds come in way too early so I just recorded the audio from all the wigeon and pintails. Picked it up great, even from across the pond.

$40 on Amazon. Can't beat it for the price IMO.
                  I have a Rode Video Micro and the MOVO VXR-10 that Adam referenced and both work well. At $40, the Movo actually has "louder" (if not better) sound than the Video Micro.

I chose these mics over the Video Mic Pro (and similar) because they don't require batteries and there is no on/off switch to have to remember. I know me, and I'd either forget to turn it on - in which case no audio would be recorded - or forget to turn it OFF - in which case the battery would be drained the next time I needed it.

Give me simple and foolproof...and cheap!
                  My Flickr Photos

Comment

Thanks everyone!! There were some real good suggestions. I ordered the MOVO VXR-10 today. I can’t wait to try it out during turkey season!

Comment

Rode and Boya MYW6 as a lapel mic. The Boya is great for setting up at the stand to get animal sound.

Comment

Working...
                      X