Big Backyard Buck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by centex_aggie View Post
    Back in Belton high school around 2003 a guy brought in a buck to the Ag barn one morning he had shot with a bow. He said he got it in Hamilton that morning (this was at like 9 AM). Eventually we found out he had poached it from Morgan’s Point. It looked very similar to the buck in the OP. This was before anyone had cell phones so I didn’t get any pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We had a 157” 13 point running around our place a long time ago that ended up getting shot but a guy that lived in Morgan’s point that his house backed up to our property.. guy shot it from inside his house..

Comment

Originally posted by randal View Post
      We had a 157” 13 point running around our place a long time ago that ended up getting shot but a guy that lived in Morgan’s point that his house backed up to our property.. guy shot it from inside his house..

Did he get caught? Wonder if it was the same incident.

Comment

Originally posted by centex_aggie View Post
        Did he get caught? Wonder if it was the same incident.

Time line sounds about right, no he didn’t get caught. My dads cousin told us about this big deer that someone he knew shot, a few years later he said that guy told him that what actually happened is he saw it in his backyard a lot before the season and ended up shooting it after the season opened..

Comment

What a great buck!

Comment

Just be sure to bring him over here to Killeen Walmart to clean after ya shoot him.
            Lol you want in on the next one ice? I'll hit you up you can we the look out

Comment

Really nice deer !!!!

Comment

Wish I had bucks like this in the backyard.

Comment

Super Backyard Buck there!

Comment

Unreal deer, there is a series on YouTube where the guys hunt in huge city's with their bows and the caliber of deer they kill is absolutely unreal. makes me think we have been chasing the wrong property the whole time.

Comment

Very nice buck!

Comment

Backyard Buck

I live in Morgan's Point and have seen that buck a couple of times this year in my neighborhood. I took these with my phone from my truck, so they are not the greatest. I saw him last year as well, and he had splits on both G2's. He's better this year, but had started getting broken up. He actually had his head up in a licking branch making a scrap right next to the street, but moved off before i could get my phone fired up. He's one of the best overall bucks I have seen in a few years.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Stickslinger92 View Post
                          Sorry for the poor picture quality on this one, but do yall think this is the same deer? This was from last winter or early this spring. He is the only one I have seen that is close to the same size as the one in the first pic.
                          The answer is yes, it is the same buck. I have a picture of him in that same broken up condition last year.

Comment

Come on in

Originally posted by taylormade820 View Post
                            Those are some nice pets y'all have.. train them to come inside the house....
                            Like this one ?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by randal View Post
                              We dove hunt by the house cause it’s usually good, we deer hunt some on the north side of north point road where it’s really thick and we let the game warden hunt it.. I don’t hunt too much down there because a lot of the doe and a couple of the smaller bucks are pretty much pets now.. the more mature bucks are smart unless it’s the rut.. the property has been in the family before I was born.. when I was a kid everything was wild down there and it was a lot more fun..
                              I've seen you guys out there dove hunting. Also saw your deer feeder pretty much under water a few years ago to the North when that old Tank ya'll ****ed up caught all that water. :-) Looks like ya'll have since moved that feeder and stand. Folks talk about hunting that area, and your right the younger deer and doe don't pay hunters much attention, but those big bucks are as alert and skittish as any hill country or South Texas buck walking.

Comment

Originally posted by goldtip5575 View Post
                                I live in Morgan's Point and have seen that buck a couple of times this year in my neighborhood. I took these with my phone from my truck, so they are not the greatest. I saw him last year as well, and he had splits on both G2's. He's better this year, but had started getting broken up. He actually had his head up in a licking branch making a scrap right next to the street, but moved off before i could get my phone fired up. He's one of the best overall bucks I have seen in a few years.
                                Definitely the same buck! Saw him the other day. He doesn't seem to wonder very far so i'm betting we live pretty close to each other. Good to know there's some like minded green screeners livin in the hood!

Comment

Working...
                                X