No announcement yet.

The 2020 Thermal & Night Vision Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys I'm in Vegas all week at SHOT and don't have time to reply and answer questions right now but stay tuned and after I get back and settle in I'll be able to start answering questions with better info. We will also be starting a pre-order list for all the new optics, so stay tuned!

- Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
      I’m running a .308 right now, but seriously looking at 7.62x39 for hogs. Both are pretty cheap ammo and easy too find.

The KS-47 that palmetto state makes looks pretty dang good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Originally posted by LMiz View Post
      I run my photon on a 6.8 and my thermal on 308

I get more one shot running kills with the 308 but the 6.8 is so much lighter when walking around and still does a great job dropping hogs
      THis says it all. More .308 kills on the run. WHich is why I will stick with my Stainless .308 from Palmetto. Paid $580 out the door

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
        My vote would be 6.5 Grendel since it is a AR 15 platform. Lugging around an AR 10 gets old pretty fast IMO but I am not a strong guy.
        Do you not scan from the truck and then stalk up once an animal is found?

My AR-10 is fairly light. No problem carrying it 300-400 yards on my SLIK tripod

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
          Do you not scan from the truck and then stalk up once an animal is found?

My AR-10 is fairly light. No problem carrying it 300-400 yards on my SLIK tripod

My old truck was a diesel so that was kinda out of the plan and the ranger is a diesel too. Usually I’d drive close where I’m hunting then walk in to the pond I was working. Both my rifles have 2-point slings and it makes toting the AR10 bearable.

Just got a 1500 Chevy and as long as you don’t punch it it’s pretty quiet, might have to see how setting up from it will fare.

Comment

My old truck was a diesel so that was kinda out of the plan and the ranger is a diesel too. Usually I’d drive close where I’m hunting then walk in to the pond I was working. Both my rifles have 2-point slings and it makes toting the AR10 bearable.

Just got a 1500 Chevy and as long as you don’t punch it it’s pretty quiet, might have to see how setting up from it will fare.

This is exactly why I won't get a diesel haha. A quiet gas 4wd truck is a huge plus when driving and scanning various places. My ranger is too loud also

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
              This is exactly why I won't get a diesel haha. A quiet gas 4wd truck is a huge plus when driving and scanning various places. My ranger is too loud also

Not gonna lie... A/C in the summer and heated seats this time of year appeal too me [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

I've been 100 yds from hogs in my gas pickup. Most of the time we'll spot them sooner, but its plenty stealth.

Comment

Originally posted by SAC View Post
                  I've been 100 yds from hogs in my gas pickup. Most of the time we'll spot them sooner, but its plenty stealth.

Comment

Don’t know if it’s all cabelas but promos trigger sticks are on sale. $159 and I walked out paying $139

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
                      Hey guys I'm in Vegas all week at SHOT and don't have time to reply and answer questions right now but stay tuned and after I get back and settle in I'll be able to start answering questions with better info. We will also be starting a pre-order list for all the new optics, so stay tuned!

- Jason
                      New 4k Wraith.... did I see that it now has a rechargeable battery & does audio? any other notable upgrades on it?

Comment

Best battery pack and QD mount for Apex xq38?

Comment

Jason, any chance Pulsar will upgrade existing Axion XM30 units to the new XM30S if you already own the older unit? Send it in and get upgraded???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ATXArcher View Post
                            Jason, any chance Pulsar will upgrade existing Axion XM30 units to the new XM30S if you already own the older unit? Send it in and get upgraded???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            I would be shocked but it is always worth asking the question. I am interested to hear how much better the quality is. Obviously I am biased since I already own an XM30 but I am skeptical that it is going to be substantially better since you are still dealing with a 320 core and a small objective lens. I would guess that the screen isn't the weak link in the regular unit. Other side of that coin is that if it isn't substantially better why would they waste the time on changing it. I am sure Jason and Hans will do a review as soon as they can on the Late Night Vision Show.
                            Last edited by Fordnandez; 01-31-2020, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Noticed my new truck was quieter then the ranger (but a lot of things are quieter then a diesel crew...) so she got a mud test tonight.

Heated seats are niiiiiice

Comment

Noticed my new truck was quieter then the ranger (but a lot of things are quieter then a diesel crew...) so she got a mud test tonight.

Heated seats are niiiiiice

Nice!

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for You and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor, but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

Working...
                                X