Sweet Redemption - 183 4/8" South Texas Archery Buck - 4R Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet Redemption - 183 4/8" South Texas Archery Buck - 4R Ranch

I finally got a chance to sit down and work on this video! We had our yearly hunt at the 4R with Jeremy (STGS), Jason, Kevin (Texastaxi), and a buddy of mine. It was an epic weekend and Jeremy and Jason worked their asses off to get us on our deer. We had 3.5 days to kill 4 target bucks! We got 3 out of the 4 target bucks killed. The 4th was the one my son was after. He got a shot, but we never found the buck.

This video is of the 183 4/8" buck that I shot. We nicknamed him too tall earlier in the year, but his name got changed to the redemption buck.

I got a shot at him the very first evening. When he jumped out of the pen, I leaned out of the window and drew. When I leaned back out, he was not where I thought he was (after watching the video, a yearling spooked when I drew). I tried to regroup, but ended up letting my nerves get to me and jerked the **** out of the shot.

Luckily, he came back out a day and a half later where I was able to seal the deal and get him in the ground. Talk about doing from the ultimate low to the ultimate high!!! It was an epic swing of emotions for sure!

Unfortunately, I had some camera issues with my main camera and my gopro died. So, there is not much to this video except a wounding shot and a kill shot.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6LI5FS29T8&t=1s"]183 4/8" South Texas Archery Buck 2021 - YouTube[/ame]

Excellent shot in the deadly V on #2......Those redemption bucks are special....helluva deer!! Congrats!

BTW...what software are you using to edit? Looking to upgrade mine

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Excellent shot in the deadly V on #2......Those redemption bucks are special....helluva deer!! Congrats!

BTW...what software are you using to edit? Looking to upgrade mine

Thank you Jason! It is Wondershare Filmora.

Comment

Congrats and God Bless!

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
          Thank you Jason! It is Wondershare Filmora.

Thank you Andy!

Comment

Great job and good video!

Comment

Congrats to you on a toad of a deer. The emotions that run through a man over a deer can be strong but that's, why we get up before dawn, spend the money we spend on it the rush of it keeps us coming back year after year.

Comment

Great video and gorgeous buck.. Glad it happened for you. That 2nd shot was money!!

Comment

That’s an awesome buck and great video

Comment

Incredible buck. I'm always grateful for second chances in life.

Comment

Awesome buck and great story!

Comment

great buck and Video!

Comment

Great buck. Congratulations

Comment

Well done on the video and awesome buck! I just Sub'd your youtube channel. Looking forward to seeing more videos.

Comment

Great video!

Comment

Working...
                              X