Aug. 1 Carry people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by matagordian View Post
    Nothing wrong with open carry. I hope more people do it. It’s not my preference, but i i will not let that argument get in the way of someone else freedoms.

I haven’t read up on it, but imagine it will make officers jobs harder.

Most cops i talked to about guns didnt really respect my right to own certain firearms. Was talking about an ak47 at work and a captain told me it was a cop killer gun. Why did i have it?

Told him its for squirrels.
    Nots sure who you are talking to but all Peace Officers I know respect your right to own anything legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
      Nots sure who you are talking to but all Peace Officers I know respect your right to own anything legal.
      Peace officers are just people. Some believe in the 2nd A, some believe that it’s just for them. I’ve met more of the former than the latter, but I haven’t spent much time around big liberal ran cities either. Not my cup of tea.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        I hope this is sarcasm…….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        No, Mikey, its not. Exactly, what advantage does one have with open carry versus concealed carry?

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
          No, Mikey, its not. Exactly, what advantage does one have with open carry versus concealed carry?
          I think that some may believe (and may be correct) that open carry may cause a perp to second guess his/her current plan. I.e. that could be an undercover LEO, could be security, could just be a citizen, etc. Perhaps they see that an pick another target. Or perhaps the shooter sees a person holding the door open at church open carrying and decides this isn't the place he/she wants to try a mass shooting today.

Or, conversely, the perp goes straight at the open carrier.

It think it's probably 50/50 and wouldn't want to give up the deterrent factor for prohibiting a shooting in the first place rather than waiting for it to start and responding.

Comment

I hope this is sarcasm…….

No, it's purely ignorance. This arsehole has likely never even been in a fist fight.

But be careful, he'll get all titted up and wreck your sales threads if his/her diaper gets full.
            Last edited by EarleyBird; 08-01-2021, 04:13 PM. Reason: I arrogantly assumed SH's undecipherable gender.

Comment

Honestly, I don't think it will change much for most of us that carry regularly. I hope it prompts more folks to carry and get comfortable with their firearms.

Comment

Originally posted by TxMedic View Post
                Honestly, I don't think it will change much for most of us that carry regularly. I hope it prompts more folks to carry and get comfortable with their firearms.
                Word.

Comment

Speed for one thing and comfort for another.

Can you show me some factual information on your opinion? Because that hasn’t borne out in the other states that have been open carry for years.

Comment

Why would you go open? Open makes you the first target.
                    Cops are laughing at you…

I guarantee you a criminal would attack someone who they thought didn’t have a gun (concealed) vs someone they see with one.

Comment

Originally posted by ken800 View Post
                      I think that some may believe (and may be correct) that open carry may cause a perp to second guess his/her current plan. I.e. that could be an undercover LEO, could be security, could just be a citizen, etc. Perhaps they see that an pick another target. Or perhaps the shooter sees a person holding the door open at church open carrying and decides this isn't the place he/she wants to try a mass shooting today.

Or, conversely, the perp goes straight at the open carrier.

It think it's probably 50/50 and wouldn't want to give up the deterrent factor for prohibiting a shooting in the first place rather than waiting for it to start and responding.
                      So, I'm cool with it if you want to be the deterrent, not me.

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
                        No, it's purely ignorance. This arsehole has likely never even been in a fist fight.

But be careful, he'll get all titted up and wreck your sales threads if his/her diaper gets full.
                        Nah, youd be way wrong about the fights.

So, why do you prefer open vs concealed? Now, stay focused.

Comment

Speed for one thing and comfort for another.

Can you show me some factual information on your opinion? Because that hasn’t borne out in the other states that have been open carry for years.

Speed? Lol. A guy walks up to you and puts two holes in you before you know it or are you going to draw on everyone that comes within ten feet of you. Lol. If I'm a crook, I'm going to case the store for example, and shoot the biggest threat first.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                            Cops are laughing at you…

I guarantee you a criminal would attack someone who they thought didn’t have a gun (concealed) vs someone they see with one.
                            I'm laughing at you. You are very ignorant and don't think before posting. If I want your truck or wallet, and you have a gun hanging, I will blow your brains out and you won't see it coming. Open carry is just advertising.

Comment

Guys, calm down. We should all rejoice that our gun rights are getting restored.
                              While yall are arguing over BS people are trying to ban all guns.

It's us against them. We are on the same team. We are also allowed to have differnet opinions. Relax and think about how other people in Hong Kong are using rocks to fight a tyrannical govt

Comment

Speed? Lol. A guy walks up to you and puts two holes in you before you know it or are you going to draw on everyone that comes within ten feet of you. Lol. If I'm a crook, I'm going to case the store for example, and shoot the biggest threat first.

Internet BS. Show me where this is a problem.

I’ll wait.

Comment

Working...
                                X