Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
    LOOKING FOR FIVE HUNTERS For 6,000 acre South Texas Hunting Lease
    Lease Details: Family Lease, 32 members total w/ liberal guest privileges, 3 bedroom nice camp house w/ full kitch, ele, H2O, bathroom, ice machine, large smoker, 600sf Screened in porch, carports for your off road vehicles , gas and charcoal grill. Located 9 miles off paved road through 5 gates approx 15mi SW of Concan, 25mi NW of Uvalde. 1 trophy buck, 1 cull buck &1 doe per year, 2 Exotics (Aoudad, Red Stag, Kudu, Axis) lots of hogs and turkeys, Full year round access,
    Rugged, rocky, mesas & deep canyons, cedar & mesquite infested terrain best suited for ATV & UTV travel. Cows are the only managed livestock on property (most of which are removed prior to deer season), good current core group of members, large 7’ Fire pit, camp utility trailer to haul firewood, corn, feeders, blinds etc., ...$3500 / yr.

My opinion from the last eighteen years of hunting this ranch is that we have up to 140 class Max deer. Property is remote (just the way we like it) but very comfortable with most every amenity required to grab two big handfulls of the great outdoors during the morning and afternoon hunts, cut, clean and cooler your game, enjoy stories of great chase around a large fire pit, eat a hot meal, hot shower and get a great nights sleep in a warm bed (earplugs not included). Trailers welcome (where I and most members lodge during our visits).

Our rut is usually at the end of Nov / the beginning of December.

What we are looking for in new members:
    Real Hunters (NOT Killers) that will commit to helping us maintain and improve our deer herd.
    Adults who know how to pick up after themselves and will commit to completing camp projects / maintenance on their own initiative.
    No Jekyl & Hyde Complex (I.e. people behave just fine in their home communities yet morph into a problem once they get a beer in their hand and a pistol on their hip).
    People who will not upset neighboring ranch hunters.
    People who in general know what constitutes a cull buck.(i.e. basically any buck that we don’t want to breed).

Sorry to be so blunt as I know that there are some real decent folks out there. We need to fill these spots for the 2020/21 season with good ethical hunters.

I will be available to show this lease on February 21st, 22nd and 23rd. On-site, in person interviews required. No new members accepted sight unseen. We like to meet candidates in person at the lease to make sure this venture will be a good fit for all.

Applicants are welcome to spend the night during their initial visit (don't worry we have beds, a/c and heat) and consume beverages of choice so we can get a better idea of what you look like after a couple cans of clown juice.

Call or text me at (936) 537-6759 for any and all additional information.
    32 members holy ***X, thats too many for 12,000 acres much less 6,000

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
      Ya, but where else can you hunt South Texas and go float the Frio in 20 minutes!

Comment

I just got off a MLD in East Texas, 7000 acres, 60+ members (plus family).

See why I got out? Keywords: East Texas, acreage v. membership level.

Comment

It’s still way less hunter density than the 50 - 100 acre subdivisions around Rocksprings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Con an area is not really South Texas. IMO

Comment

Menard area lease

2 mature hunters for yearly lease. 1200 acres. $2250 per gun. 1 buck 1 doe, turkey & fishing. Small cabin on the San Saba River. Call Monica 210.882.7731

No guests during deer season and no one under 21 ever

Comment

Originally posted by cpr1979 View Post
                No guests during deer season and no one under 21 ever

Dang. Thats a steep price tag with not much of a bag limit and some strict rules. Good luck to her filling those spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                  Dang. Thats a steep price tag with not much of a bag limit and some strict rules. Good luck to her filling those spots.

The bag limit is a bit rough but no guests during the season isn't such a bad idea especially when sleeping quarters are provided. Unless you have your own camper, i would be upset as a paying member if someone brought their entire family down and took all the beds. To each their own...

Comment

Originally posted by Abu_dude View Post
                    The bag limit is a bit rough but no guests during the season isn't such a bad idea especially when sleeping quarters are provided. Unless you have your own camper, i would be upset as a paying member if someone brought their entire family down and took all the beds. To each their own...

I mean you hope courtesy is given by all. Would be pretty selfish to do that. But I guarantee its been done...

Comment

Saw this on Facebook. Don’t know a thing about it.

Comment

Lease ID: 1276
                        Date Listed: 2020-01-28
                        Owner's User ID: Rancher13
                        Ranch name: 640 Acres near Abilene
                        County: Fisher
                        Acres: 640
                        Hunters: 5
                        Cost: $4000 per hunter.
                        Lease Type: year-round
                        Means allowed: rifle, shotgun, handgun, black powder, archery
                        Game available: deer, turkey, feral hogs, other
                        Property description: FISHER COUNTY- West of Abilene Looking for 4-5 hunter (preferably 1 group) 640 acres $4,000 a spot No hook ups Low Fence Management minded hunters Great deer and has not been everhunted (18 pointer!! but typically nice 8-10s) Nice blinds and feeders already in place Turkeys, Hogs, and Predators as well
                        Lease description: FISHER COUNTY- West of Abilene Looking for 4-5 hunter (preferably 1 group) 640 acres $4,000 a spot No hook ups Low Fence Management minded hunters Great deer and has not been everhunted (18 pointer!! but typically nice 8-10s) Nice blinds and feeders already in place Turkeys, Hogs, and Predators as well

Comment

Originally posted by Kdog View Post
                          Saw this on Facebook. Don’t know a thing about it.
                          I called the guy earlier. Sounds like a good place but a couple guys mentioned it was hit by anthrax. Which is probably true

Comment

LOOKING FOR FIVE HUNTERS For 6,000 acre South Texas Hunting Lease
                            Lease Details: Family Lease, 32 members total w/ liberal guest privileges, 3 bedroom nice camp house w/ full kitch, ele, H2O, bathroom, ice machine, large smoker, 600sf Screened in porch, carports for your off road vehicles , gas and charcoal grill. Located 9 miles off paved road through 5 gates approx 15mi SW of Concan, 25mi NW of Uvalde. 1 trophy buck, 1 cull buck &1 doe per year, 2 Exotics (Aoudad, Red Stag, Kudu, Axis) lots of hogs and turkeys, Full year round access,
                            Rugged, rocky, mesas & deep canyons, cedar & mesquite infested terrain best suited for ATV & UTV travel. Cows are the only managed livestock on property (most of which are removed prior to deer season), good current core group of members, large 7’ Fire pit, camp utility trailer to haul firewood, corn, feeders, blinds etc., ...$3500 / yr.

My opinion from the last eighteen years of hunting this ranch is that we have up to 140 class Max deer. Property is remote (just the way we like it) but very comfortable with most every amenity required to grab two big handfulls of the great outdoors during the morning and afternoon hunts, cut, clean and cooler your game, enjoy stories of great chase around a large fire pit, eat a hot meal, hot shower and get a great nights sleep in a warm bed (earplugs not included). Trailers welcome (where I and most members lodge during our visits).

Our rut is usually at the end of Nov / the beginning of December.

What we are looking for in new members:
                            Real Hunters (NOT Killers) that will commit to helping us maintain and improve our deer herd.
                            Adults who know how to pick up after themselves and will commit to completing camp projects / maintenance on their own initiative.
                            No Jekyl & Hyde Complex (I.e. people behave just fine in their home communities yet morph into a problem once they get a beer in their hand and a pistol on their hip).
                            People who will not upset neighboring ranch hunters.
                            People who in general know what constitutes a cull buck.(i.e. basically any buck that we don’t want to breed).

Sorry to be so blunt as I know that there are some real decent folks out there. We need to fill these spots for the 2020/21 season with good ethical hunters.

I will be available to show this lease on February 21st, 22nd and 23rd. On-site, in person interviews required. No new members accepted sight unseen. We like to meet candidates in person at the lease to make sure this venture will be a good fit for all.

Applicants are welcome to spend the night during their initial visit (don't worry we have beds, a/c and heat) and consume beverages of choice so we can get a better idea of what you look like after a couple cans of clown juice.

Call or text me at (936) 537-6759 for any and all additional information.
                            txoutdoorsman24,

I assume you are copying from another site and posting here? I texted this one to get more info and got a response I didn't expect.

Comment

What was the response?

Comment

I asked if it was strictly bow hunting or can you use a rifle? Are there stands and feeders already set up or do I need to provide my own? How many animals do the other members kill each year on average?

The response was "Sorry, not interested in hunters from San Antonio."

I texted back "Really? Can I ask why?" No response.

Comment

Working...
                                X