explain talent to me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

explain talent to me

all year cowboy fans have stated that garret had to go because with all the talent on the cowboys team they should be winning alot more game,,,if these guys are so talented explain why they miss blocks,tackles,catches, over throw receivers, run wrong routes, blow pass coverages, and miss kicks, garret does not call the offensive plays, that was done by moore who was supposed to be the next young thing, garret didnt call the defense, i understand garret is a sub par coach but no one is putting any blame on the players, i coached for over 20 years and had some great teams and some awful teams but talent usually always prevailed on the field, they may have alot of talent on the team but does not make them a talented team,

Talent is the awesomeness you display on every play of every game right up until you get that big contract.

Comment

Cowboys are not that talented if you ask me, I could tell you only 3-4 players on their defense. One of them in Christian Covington that was on the Texans last year that we were glad to get rid of because he sucked and he starts on the Dallas d-line. I’d say the offensive line and running back have the most talent. Can’t win with Dak as your QB

Comment

I think heart/drive plays a bigger role in the finished product of a winning team!!! Most of the very talented players lack the heart/drive because its always been so easy for them against most others and they tend to coast along. Give me a player that has some talent but a huge heart and drive and you'll come out way ahead of team with big ego and talent.
        Just look at the Eagles this year and the injuries to their stars they over came with players that had drive and something to prove.

Comment

Talent is when you do what you are good at and what you are being paid to do without show boating and acting surprised that you actually pulled it off..

Barry Sanders is the definition of talent when it comes to football...

Comment

Talent is physical ability. During training camp, they were a highly talented team. Their athleticism is high, and they are considered talented.

Coaching is what takes the natural talents they have and forms them into skills. They were not skillful this year, and that is a direct correlation to coaching. There's a lot of potential in this team and with the right coach, I am sure their talents will be utilized more properly.

I'm a baseball guy, so this is the best way I can explain it. "Talent" is throwing 98. "Skill" is throwing 98 mph strikes, which coaching can often influence. Talent is the ability before being influenced by coaching.
            Last edited by ctom87; 12-30-2019, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
              Talent is physical ability. During training camp, they were a highly talented team. Their athleticism is high, and they are considered talented.

Coaching is what takes the natural talents they have and forms them into skills. They were not skillful this year, and that is a direct correlation to coaching. There's a lot of potential in this team and with the right coach, I am sure their talents will be utilized more properly.

I'm a baseball guy, so this is the best way I can explain it. "Talent" is throwing 98. "Skill" is throwing 98 mph strikes, which coaching can often influence. Talent is the ability before being influenced by coaching.

Throwing 98mph strikes on the corners. 98mph strikes down the middle go 500 ft the opposite direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Seriously?

Talent doesn't = success

Comment

Knowledge, discipline, & work ethic/hustle will always reward.

Comment

Explain overrated to me. All those nfl teams are about equal as far as talent goes. Coaching and a qb is the difference between 12-4 and 8-8.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                      Explain overrated to me. All those nfl teams are about equal as far as talent goes. Coaching and a qb is the difference between 12-4 and 8-8.
                      Hard to argue with this, I do not believe the Cowboys are as talented as the media had them built up to be.

Comment

There are so many teams with equal talent but it's the coaches responsibly to get that talent out the players every game. That was not happening in Dallas. Everyone has seen teams with less talent beat teams with more talent. I know these are professionals getting paid millions of dollars but they still need to be motivated, encouraged and fired up and be ready to play. That was not happening in Dallas. JJ lost all respect of his players when he caved in and gave pierce nose and new contract when he already had one he signed two years earlier. Not a jj fan.

Comment

Talent is an individual trait. Coaching brings out the talent in everyone and makes it work

Comment

I think “potential” is a better word than “talent”

Comment

Aikman did a great job of pointing out a particular issue Dallas had related to their zone defense on a play against Washington yesterday. They were in a cover 2 and Sean Lee let someone come into his zone and then sit tight right near him in a hole without covering him. Perfect example of how they are teaching or "not teaching" them to play zone coverage.

For example in our Cover 2 which we play to a 1 or 2 WR side, we teach our CBs to lock onto the #1 receiver unless they get an "out-out" call from the safety. If they get the call, they cover the #2 receiver running some type of outward breaking route. Safeties lock on #2 unless the #2 receiver runs some type of out route within 5-7 yards of the line of scrimmage. If they make an out call, they cover the #1 receiver. Technically, its a zone defense but they learn to cover a man within their area and not just an area. Of course this scenario is not what unfolded on the play in question but it shows a snippet of the rules we have on our own team. When you teach a zone defense this way, you can be a gap control defense on the front 7 and still have a chance to get every man covered regardless of the routes being run by the offense.

Dallas looks like they play a video game "Madden" zone style defense. Which is awful defense. They have a bunch of different defensive calls and are constantly getting caught out of position or in busted coverages because they don't teach fundamental football.
                              Last edited by rfroese; 12-30-2019, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X