No announcement yet.

Saying Thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I appreciate all the responses guys. I'm thinking doing some ranch chores during the year would be greatly appreciated as I'm sure he needs help filling feeders and keeping shooting lanes maintained. I'm Also going to give him backstrap from the hunt as a nice gesture.

Comment

Lots of good ideas above. A gift certificate at a nice restaurant would allow him to go when convenient.

For what it's worth, you really are doing him a favor by helping him with his harvesting requirements. The ranch that I hunt on has to take 35-40 deer this year, and it gets to be a chore since he is VERY restrictive on who he lets hunt, and there is only a handful of us to do the killing.

Oh, yeah, DON'T shoot any bucks if he only wants doe killed.

Comment

Originally posted by yotethumper View Post
        Personally, I'd send a hand written letter and gift after hunting. You can figure out what he likes or wants during the hunt and then send a more meaningful gift based off what you learn about him. I had a buddy that let me hunt his place and he said, "man I sure like that tac light on your rifle" while we were dispatching hogs. Guess who got a Surefire M600DF in the mail the next week.

EDIT: I've let a lot of buddies hunt with me over the years, I have a box filled with pocket knives somewhere. Just my 0.02.

Comment

I had a successful hunt at the Durst Ranch in Llano. I was able to take 2 doe. To show my gratitude I had Mr. GARY (EastTxTracking) Design some custom woodgrain Tumblers with the ranch logo on them. They came out better than I would have imagined and he did a great job! Mr. Durst was very grateful and appreciative. A big thank you to EastTxTracking, for a job well done.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by UrbanBuck View Post
            Personally, a simple thank you would be good in my book. Your helping him also

I agree with this.

Comment

Perhaps some fresh nutria meat?

Comment

[QUOTE=LlanoHunter10;14576096]I had a successful hunt at the Durst Ranch in Llano. I was able to take 2 doe. To show my gratitude I had Mr. GARY (EastTxTracking) Design some custom woodgrain Tumblers with the ranch logo on them. They came out better than I would have imagined and he did a great job! Mr. Durst was very grateful and appreciative. A big thank you to EastTxTracking, for a job well done.[/QUOT

now that is perfect. He will remember you every time he uses them. Might be a big ol cull buck that needs to go next year.

Comment

Originally posted by sboudreaux View Post
                  A nice custom knife.
                  This

Comment

Originally posted by yotethumper View Post
                    Personally, I'd send a hand written letter and gift after hunting. You can figure out what he likes or wants during the hunt and then send a more meaningful gift based off what you learn about him. I had a buddy that let me hunt his place and he said, "man I sure like that tac light on your rifle" while we were dispatching hogs. Guess who got a Surefire M600DF in the mail the next week.

EDIT: I've let a lot of buddies hunt with me over the years, I have a box filled with pocket knives somewhere. Just my 0.02.
                    spot on
                    and now that I have read the rest of the thread I see you did get him a gift. Good Job.

Comment

At this gentleman's age, my gesture would have been such as you stated, I would go in the heat of the summer and provide free labor for him.

Just tell him to relax, and bring him a folding chair to sit in the shade and a gallon of sweet tea to enjoy while he points at what he needs you to do.

If he is like my father, just simply spending time with him is appreciated more than any gift. But until you know him better, you won't know if that is his case or not...

Another option if your time is limited would be to, if you can financially afford to do it (none of our business), go to where you know he gets his feed from and put down some money for feed and/or supplies.

Comment

@Llanohunter10 I’m glad you had a great trip and got to harvest 2 does. I’d also like to thank you for your business and I’m glad you and Mr Durst enjoyed the cups. As much as I’d like to take credit I can’t. My wife makes all these cups and she pours her heart and soul into them. Not only does she work a full time job, but she comes home and puts the kids in bed and starts doing these cups. So she and I thank you again for the business and let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good job on the tumblers.

Comment

I do quite a bit for others expecting nothing in return.

On occasion folks have been thoughtful enough to send us a gift of appreciation. I always VERY much appreciate kind thank you gestures. Over the years I've received fine wines, clothing, even a thermal scope, ALL of which were GREATLY appreciated.

However, the thing that's meant the most were hand written heartfelt thank you letters. My wife has a big envelope full of them that span the last 25 years. We've kept every one of them and their authors went up substantially in my eyes by taking the time to write them.

It's a lost art for most, which is a real shame. I know I'm guilty of neglecting to do so from time to time.....which is terrible.

So I'd write him a heartfelt note of thanks. If you want to include an appropriate gift of appreciation then that's great.

However, I'll guarantee you that just your handwritten words will be greatly appreciated.
                            Last edited by Slicefixer; 12-13-2019, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Being a good neighbor and doing some ranch chores is a great way to show your appreciation and to keep the door open for future meat hunts.

cricman

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                                give him a nice knife
                                Yes This! ^^^^
                                I happen to have one in the classified

Comment

Working...
                                X