No announcement yet.

Low Fenced Hunting Ranch - Buying Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been looking myself lately but with the intentions of putting up a higher than normal fences. I've found some places that I like but nothing just perfect so far.

I'm looking for
    1. normal shaped property to minimize fencing costs.
    2. stock tanks/wells but no live water. The fewer water gaps the cheaper the fencing project.
    3. electricity somewhere along the border of or on the property.
    4. within 2 hours of my home
    5. no o&g wells or 0&g traffic on the place.
    6. don't really care about getting minerals just don't want a place that has lots of traffic or is likely to have traffic in the future.

Comment

If anyone is looking for a big place, let me know. The place that neighbors my dads will be for sale in a year or two. Has a landing strip too.

If I were in the market today, I would look for a place close to family or friends to help scratch each others back. I also would look for a place that wasnt well kept so I could buy cheap and improve. Then you weigh location vs size vs cost. Go west young man....for more land at a better value. Stay closer to the big cities and pay more for less land but a short drive.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Location, location, location, access, utilities available, water, no small neighbors or someone selling off 40 acre parcels

If it is too far from where you live you won't go there as often. If your too far from town it will be a pain to get a piece of hardware or a gallon of milk

Comment

Water and cleared cedars. I assume you’re talking about the hill country. I’d look for the biggest piece of land you can afford, year round water and plenty of oak trees. Preferably house/cabin out of flash flood zone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
            <<—————First thing I would do is call this guy.

10-4, I’m not serious enough to call you just yet.

Comment

Big neighbors!

Comment

I think electricity is important to have.

Beware of the Carta Valley area. Attractive prices but it's Anthrax alley.

Comment

Location location location

Comment

Working...
                  X