No announcement yet.

Best Head Lamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The people at Black Diamond over complicated the controls on their headlamps. Its ridiculous all the steps they built in to control a dang light.

I have a Fenix HL60R that is really nice. I like it leaps and bounds above the Black Diamond.

Comment

I have been using Princeton Tec for years with ZERO issues.

Comment

I have a Fenix that I've had for probably 10 years now. It was in a drawer full of water for 4 days after Harvey. I took the strap off, washed if a few times, and am still using it. Used 2 weekends ago as a matter of fact. Harvey was 2 years ago, so I've got to say I'm a big Fenix fan.

Comment

HL60R Fenix is what I have as well...

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
            The people at Black Diamond over complicated the controls on their headlamps. Its ridiculous all the steps they built in to control a dang light.

I have a Fenix HL60R that is really nice. I like it leaps and bounds above the Black Diamond.
            I tend to agree. I think mine is a Spot. It has a function change where you just touch the side of the light. It's super annoying because it constantly changes when I touch it unintentionally.

Comment

Sniper hawg lights is the best ive ever seen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If you can find one, they used to be more readily available, get a small light that clips to the brim like this: https://www.amazon.com/Cyclops-CYC-M.../dp/B001QCXTBI

We use Cabelas ones that are really small and light weight but put out good light. We have some green led ones as well. Use them walking in the dark to hunting area and general things after sunset up in the mountains.

Comment

Stingray Industries. 1,800 lumens, rechargeable and $60.

Most versatile LED headlamp for hands-free directional lighting in all industries | 1,800 Lumen | Water Resistant | Rechargeable Battery | Impact-Resistant Lens | Adjustable Head Strap | Hunting, Fishing, Construction, Automotive Repair, Veterinarian Clinics - applications are endless!

Comment

I like the NiteCore lights from Amazon. Can use CR123 batteries or the rechargeable NL189 batteries. You can even recharge them in the unit.

NiteCore

Comment

Originally posted by bowtecmike View Post
                      Sniper hawg lights is the best ive ever seen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      x2!
                      Their new one is a BAD boy

Comment

I've been through a dozen "good ones" over the years. Fenix HL60R is the best. Extremely bright, no need to carry any sort of flashlight with that. When camping I also recharge it with my cell phone battery block, easy.

Comment

I bought double pack Coast lights off of Amazon a few years ago and put them in stockings

they work great, bright and were fairly inexpensive

No experience with any of the others mentioned but have heard good things about them.

Comment

I use pelican and streamlights that I get for free.

Cant imagine needing a headlamp that bright.

Comment

Originally posted by Aojeda355 View Post
                              Stingray Industries. 1,800 lumens, rechargeable and $60.

https://stingray-industries.com/product/led-headlamp/
                              Save yourself $40 and buy them off Amazon. I have 5 of these and have been using them for 5 years. They use to be $12, before stingray started to re branding them now they are $20. Plus they are rechargeable, that puts them out for the OP. They are good lights, just doubt they are close to 1800 lumens.

Last edited by txhunter90; 12-09-2019, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
                                I tend to agree. I think mine is a Spot. It has a function change where you just touch the side of the light. It's super annoying because it constantly changes when I touch it unintentionally.
                                Lol, hence the reason Black Diamond probably programmed all the functions into one button.

I add another vote for Black Diamond. Once you learn the controls its a piece of cake but I can understand how it could be frustrating trying to change between the modes if you don't take the time to read the instruction and learn how.

Comment

Working...
                                X