No announcement yet.

Are these Generators any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Consumer Reports did a head-to-head comparison of the Harbor Freight Predator and the Honda last year.

Their conclusion was that if the Predator had a longer warranty, it would be the better buy. That surprised me. I had assumed that the Honda would have been far superior.

Can a Harbor Freight Generator really beat a Honda that costs twice as much? In Consumer Reports' recreational inverter generator face-off, find out whether the lower-priced Harbor Freight Predator generator performs as well as or better than a Honda model.

Comment

Originally posted by Starman View Post
      Consumer Reports did a head-to-head comparison of the Harbor Freight Predator and the Honda last year.

Their conclusion was that if the Predator had a longer warranty, it would be the better buy. That surprised me. I had assumed that the Honda would have been far superior.

https://www.consumerreports.org/inve...ter-generator/
      That is surprising. I’ll be looking at those as well. Thank you

Comment

I have a used honda il "sail" you for around that price if your interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowslinger1 View Post
          Great responses. Appreciate the input. The 3500 for that price seems like the most bang for the buck. Ive gotta place in Oklahoma that has no power. Looking for a quiet generator that would possibly push a 30 amp connection. Similar Gens that have the same capability are 3 times that price
          if you want a quiet one, better get a Honda. No comparison to the rest in that regard.

Comment

I have a 4 year old Harbor freight Predator andnit gets used a lot when power goes out. Pull cranks every time. May give them a look. I was not expecting much when I bought it but to just passify a pregnant wife in the summer. It has far passed my expectations.

Comment

Ended up getting a 3500 predator refurb for $287 in Terrell at Harbor Freight. They have one more there at that price. I was thinking of buying both. I ended up getting the 8750 predator generator also for $214 open box sale. They were knocking 50% off the open box price. Couldn’t pass them up! Thanks to all for the input

Comment

PowerHorse 4000 - I bought one at Northern 8-10 years ago to run the lights at our Fireworks Stand location. I too was a bit skeptical at the beginning. But it proved me wrong and did the job consistently. Starts every night for us, stays consistent with its output and runs steady. I recommend. I just use the fuel cutoff switch, leave the carb empty when not in use and will be a good starter the next time out there.

Comment

Working...
                X