No announcement yet.

Rant truck shopping, dodge,ford, Chevy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you tried Lawrence Marshall for a work truck?

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
      Ummmmm

They closed the doors like 10 years ago

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

The dodge truck sounded like an ok deal, too bad about the fuel tank.

Comment

Going truck (or car) shopping ready to buy with your check book is about the same as going to a brothel drunk with no protection. You're bound to get screwed and come out with something you didn't count on.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
            The dodge truck sounded like an ok deal, too bad about the fuel tank.
            I'd wager if he just walked in to a dealership and they gave him numbers then it was NOT a good deal. They never just come out with a good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
              I wish they were still open , I bought 5 different trucks from them , all on a phone call deal, and they delivered them from Hempstead to boerne
              And I never felt like I was scammed

Comment

I am surprised with all the dealers near Boerne that you cant find what you want. Gunn fleet sales did not have anything?

There is no deal on any new vehicle purchase, just trying to find one that does not leave you real sore is hard to find.

Comment

If you went to Ford of Boerne, that's not surprising....sounds like they just changed the name from Jennings Anderson and left everything else in place. No one ever got a deal there, not even the GM's mother. I cannot stand that dealerships sales department, but their service department is awesome.

I bought my truck from Mack Haik Southway and got a pretty good deal, although I was looking for a more well appointed truck than you sound like....still, for a loaded lariat truck I paid less than $10k more than what you are about to write a check for.

I buy from Cavender every other year or so and love the people over there, but I couldn't bring myself to buy a Duramax.

Give Grande ford or Mack Haik a call and see what their fleet sales can do for you.

If you want a Dodge, I've heard good things about Atascosa dodge in Pleasanton as my buddy buys his from there.....I would imagine for $46k you can get a more loaded truck than what you described.

My buddy just bought a mid level dodge 2500 4x4 with a screen, power seats, windows, etc. for about what they quoted you.

Comment

I would recommend doing your homework and go on the offensive. Tell them what truck you want, what price, and know what that truck package will look like. If they come out with an upsale, walk out and be blunt with the salesman about him wasting your time. If you let them dictate the pace, you’ll get hosed. Also, know that you should get anywhere from 6-10k off sticker. If the truck you are looking at isn’t in that range to get to your magic number,, your chances of reaching a deal are slim. Best deals I’ve seen happen over months, not weeks. A good salesman will sense impatience and capitalize. I walked away without a deal 3x on my truck.

Comment

Contact Jeramy at Holiday Auto Group in WhitesboroTX.
                      You will want to look at their inventory to see the truck that fits your needs.

Holidayautogroup on the Internet

I bought mine from them and it was the best deal. They even delivered to Midland from Whitesboro at no charge.

Tell him Chris Crockett sent you.

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
                        If you went to Ford of Boerne, that's not surprising....sounds like they just changed the name from Jennings Anderson and left everything else in place. No one ever got a deal there, not even the GM's mother. I cannot stand that dealerships sales department, but their service department is awesome.

I bought my truck from Mack Haik Southway and got a pretty good deal, although I was looking for a more well appointed truck than you sound like....still, for a loaded lariat truck I paid less than $10k more than what you are about to write a check for.

I buy from Cavender every other year or so and love the people over there, but I couldn't bring myself to buy a Duramax.

Give Grande ford or Mack Haik a call and see what their fleet sales can do for you.

If you want a Dodge, I've heard good things about Atascosa dodge in Pleasanton as my buddy buys his from there.....I would imagine for $46k you can get a more loaded truck than what you described.

My buddy just bought a mid level dodge 2500 4x4 with a screen, power seats, windows, etc. for about what they quoted you.
                        Yep I made a huge mistake going to ford of boerne, they may have changed their name, but didn’t change management/ sales team tactics ( I should have just turned around when I saw their sales special $99995 + TTL truck out front)
                        Boerne probably is not the best place to shop for a truck , with all the high end dealerships ( porche , Range Rover, Mercedes, Ferrari . All in a clump )

Time to step back and remember “ pigs go to market and hogs get slaughtered “

Comment

I bought our last two vehicles off the net. Almost all the dealerships have their vehicles listed on their websites the minute they hit the ground. Find one you like and agree on the price before you head to the dealership. They still try to play some tricks, but it's easier to identify from the comfort of home/office.

I saved probably $5k each on the two purchases this way. Dealerships know the game and come in with their bottom dollar to pull people into the show room.

Comment

Man, I can not endorse the Car Pro Jerry Renold's Car Pro VIP program enough.

For those that don't know, Jerry Renolds host a syndicated radio show about vehicles.

Jerry used to own several car dealerships and on his show offers a lot of in sight into the industry.

One of the things he's done to promote his show is search out Dealerships to endorse. He does not take one nickle from them. His requirement for a Dealership to be listed is treat the Customer (his listner) like a VIP. No games and no BS.

I've used this program twice and its been awesome.

Let me define awesome. We purchased a new 2017 Camry. I did my research on-line on what that car should cost out the door. We filed out the VIP pass and got an email from the Dealership with the out the door price. It was better than what I had calculated.

Went to the Dealership, test drove the car, and signed the paperwork. It was the best experience I've ever had when buying a new vehicle.

Buy your next car from a local certified dealer. Sell your car for payment on the spot. Read car reviews, news, and buying and selling tips. Learn more!

The VIP program cost you nothing. Again, Jerry does this for his Customers.

And if you have trouble with one of his endorsed Dealerships. Let him and the General Manager of that Dealership know about your experience.

The second vehicle I got same deal. Price was great. Had an issue outside of the Dearlship's 7 day warranty policy. The master cylinder went out. Asked the Dealership to work with me given the purchase had just completed. The initial answer was no, so I got my new to me SUV to my auto-repair shop. Wrote the CarPro about the experience and included the Dealership's GM. I got a call the next day and the GM asked me to send him the bill. They had a check to re-reimburse me for my repair.

Not going to mention that Dealership's name, but I checked. They are no longer endorsed which is what Jerry does if he hear of to many complaints. He ensures that they meet his standards on treating his Listeners right.

BTW, you could send him a message on Facebook about what you're looking to do. He will reply with some info on what you should expect. He is fair to his endorsed Dealers. He knows what is going on in the industry, the market, and he doesn't expect them to give their vehicles away.

The other day (at least in my mind) he was taking about Hyundai's new SUV. a Listener called in and explained they couldn't find any deals. Jerry explained that the SUV is to new and a hot item. Dealerships can't keep them on the lot. He recommended another SUV or just wait. He pointed out that in time the novelty will wear off and not only will you find deals you'll see incentives.

Again, his point is that the vehicle is just to hot right now.

Sorry for the long read, but I'm telling you, I think you'll benefit from the Car Pro's VIP program.

Comment

Establish a good relationship with a trusted dealer. Buy Ford. Works for me.

Did I mention buy Ford ?

Comment

I love Truck shopping and negotiating best deal. Tons of online one simple best price. Do your research, find one you love online then make the dealership of your choice beat it for your business.
                                Bought a new truck this past January and was communicating with 4 dealerships at once through email and text. I got a local dealership in San Antonio to beat an online price in Dallas and a trade in offer I got from Bastrop all via text pics. Technology is an amazing advantage in truck buying these days.

Comment

Working...
                                X