No announcement yet.

Shot a 10 pt this evening :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have seen numerous animals get shot much worse with a rage and not live more than a few hours....I wish you the best in finding him but if anything I hope it teaches patience in letting the animal lay if it is a questionable shot....waiting on pics!!

Comment

Good luck tomorrow... He'll show up eventually

Comment

Gut shot deer can live 3 days. I think you will.find him and backing out is the best thing to do.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk.

Comment

... Well we are al hoping you found him... ??? What is the verdict at this point?

Comment

Good luck on your search.

Comment

Originally posted by joebriles View Post
              ... Well we are al hoping you found him... ??? What is the verdict at this point?
              My bad I guess I answered my own question. Was so wrapped up in the "hunt for the deer" that I never made it past the 1st page. Good luck man you will find him soon and just think of the story you will get to tell everyone when they see it on your wall and ask, "where did you shoot that one at?"

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                I have mixed feelings. One part of me says gut shot and he will likely die in the coming days. The last picture of the blood looks to be from muscle. If this is the case, the deer will make it(if infection doesn't set in). I would wait as long as you can stand it tomorrow and take up the trail at last blood late tomorrow afternoon. If hit hard, he should not have lived this long. Good luck and hope it works out in the end.

The way he described the shot it sounds like it could have been both....I am surprised he didn't gather up some heart products or connections with that rage along the way at that angle....

Comment

Originally posted by tiny's taxiderm View Post
                  Aww man ... dude I've been coming back to this post every spare minute I've had every since you posted last nite, I hope you can find this dude in the morning. Best of luck to you brotha wish I was closer so I could join in on the search-retreival . I've got faith that you will find him. Good luck just give him time.
                  ^^^^ exact same here.

Comment

Whatever happens you are putting forth great effort. I commend you on that. Many would have given up long ago. I hope you are rewarded for it.

Comment

Bright and early tomorrow.. watch the sky.. that gut shot is like a dinner bell.. hope you get to collect him regardless his condition

Comment

Man just caught up on this good luck tommorow!

Comment

Patience and persistance will be rewarded. If you think he is gut shot concentrate on searching near water. You said there is alot of water around you so set up near the most likely spot and wait. He will go to water. He won't last long after drinking a bunch of water. Good luck and stay after it.

Comment

Might just be me, but I can track WAY better at night. My Surefires or any other WHITE light will make blood easier to find. Good luck and hope you find em'

Comment

Smart, I hear what you are saying. If heart 'matter' would have been collected then this thread would have ended on page 3. I know people say gut shot deer will live 3 days, etc. but I have never seen it. They are resillient animals by all means. My experience has been 24 hrs, or the deer lives. I think when people see these deer living longer(eventually dying after a few days) it is due to infection, not the shot itself. However, this is just my personal observation and not based on medical science. All in all, I hope you find him and I appreciate your efforts on recovery to this point. Last yr in KS, a hunter in our group shot a 160+ double drop the first afternoon(about 1hr into the week). It was back a little and he decided to leave him for the night without any tracking whatsoever other than investigating the arrow. The sign was okay, but not great. Long story short, longest night of his life, lots of whiskey, not much sleep. We found him the next morning within 200 yds(liver shot). If we pushed him, he would have left the property probably not to be recovered.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                                Smart, I hear what you are saying. If heart 'matter' would have been collected then this thread would have ended on page 3.
                                Agreed but I didn't suggest it was collected...I said I was surprised something connected to it wasn't collected up with that Rage and the description of his entry and exit......
                                Last edited by Smart; 10-14-2011, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X