No announcement yet.

Shot a 10 pt this evening :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok well we have been on a grid search this whole time I followed the blood trail he was going down and I found blood 200 yards from last blood which was already 150 from the last stand. We all gathered at the blood I found and are looking around for blood if we don't find any we are going to do the same grid search all around the last blood.
    Y'all stay in there I am thinking the deer isn't dead though because blood was still wet that I recently found.

Comment

Way to go man! Glad to hear you got something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
        Hoping for good news
        X2

Comment

Originally posted by KWHUNTER View Post
          TalonErickson7, are you Brandy Erickson little brother? That lives in Cypress Point???
          Yes sir that's my sister, small world isn't it?

Comment

Way to hang in there partner!

Comment

good luck......

Comment

My bet he is still mobil, if the last blood you found was still wet that's probably where he bedded last night. Gut shot with a rage will kill him but it could take a while. Wish I had a better theory but that's all I got.

Comment

Good luck....following along!

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
                    Yes sir that's my sister, small world isn't it?
                    It is a small world, Hang in there!!!

Comment

here for the ride!

Comment

Very risky with this much publicity. Some of you guys need to study up on what can be lost / cost by getting caught tracking with a dog.
                        If they confiscate the dog, I'm on way with my wifes cocker spaniel.

Good luck, but I'm thinking like you, if the blood was wet you're trailing a live/dying deer. At least you're 200 yrds closer and know the right direction. I one lunged a deer several years ago and was standing right by him at midnight, could smell him but not see him, and found him the next morning laying flat still breathing. He jumped up and ran another 40 yrds, fell, and I was able to finish him. The bright side is if he is alive and weakening your meat is still good.

Comment

If you think he's still alive and ya'll are pushing him! Have your buddies drive an area while you are in a elevated position maybe then you will be able to pin point his location while he is moving threw the brush. Might even be able to put a stock on he or atleast locate where he goes down to bed. IDK just an idea, chances are if he's that injured and going to die he might be just moving enough to stay off your grid.

Comment

[QUOTE=Stuck;4362739]If they confiscate the dog, I'm on way with my wifes cocker spaniel.

HAHA, nice! I have a Border Collie of my wives that i could add to the hunt as well...

Good luck on finding that deer, will be checkin in for progress reports

Comment

HAHA, nice! I have a Border Collie of my wives that i could add to the hunt as well...

Good luck on finding that deer, will be checkin in for progress reports

Comment

You've gotta be close to finding this animal! Keep going and keep us updated. Heck, I feel like I am looking for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X