Terry Thompson Trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
    There was no need to kill the man.. I'm all about stopping a threat but when he passed out it and stopped resisting it was time to stop choking him.. If I was on the jury and saw that video I would have found him guilty of killing that man too and I'm as far from a LWL as one can get.. Wrong is wrong.
    Yep

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      Not exactly.

The jury had one or two that couldn't get with the program of the rest. I mean at least one juror thinkss he's guilty of murder???!!!

After being on a few juries, I don't know how they ever get 12 people to agree on anything.

I was on one where even though there was no doubt the fellow was guilty, a Baptist preacher wanted to turn him loose any way as he felt the guy had been reborn.

Comment

Can someone tell me what the HECK LWL IS?????

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
          Thats a plan identifier under a henway.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
            I "think" its short hand for "left wing liberal" which I am not...

Comment

I "think" its short hand for "left wing liberal" which I am not...
              Thank you. I was googling it and coming up with 'life wide learning' and 'little white lies'.

Comment

25 years.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                  25 years.
                  Ouch! Stupid move, now 2 families torn apart.

Comment

Terry should of called the cops which is what should of been done. He took the law into his own hands. Correct me if I'm wrong isn't his wife a police/sheriff deputy or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                      After being on a few juries, I don't know how they ever get 12 people to agree on anything.

Pay a couple bucks per day, poor food and you can go home when you all agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

he got what he deserved. he murdered a guy and was found guilty of murder. good. the system worked.

Comment

There was no need to kill the man.. I'm all about stopping a threat but when he passed out it and stopped resisting it was time to stop choking him.. If I was on the jury and saw that video I would have found him guilty of killing that man too and I'm as far from a LWL as one can get.. Wrong is wrong.

But would you have found him guilty of Murder? They charged him with murder which means he intended to kill him.

I would of found him guilty of manslaughter but not murder.

So the lesson in this thread is to mind your own business, just leave, call the cops, dont get involved, do nothing and continue to hide in the corner.

Our society has changed and not in a good way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                            Thats a plan identifier under a henway.
                            or Himalayin

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
                              I’m thinking things changed when Terry decided to confront a drunk guy when he didn’t need to.

Hindsight is always 20/20 but this is something worth thinking about ahead of time. The ultimate goal is to protect the family day in and day out, not just one night at 2am at a Denny’s. With that in mind he had two options. He could have waited inside with the women and children until the cops got there or the drunk guy left. In that case the drunk guy goes to jail and everyone goes home 30 minutes later than they wanted.

Option 2 is to go confront him when you don’t have too and put yourself at risk. If Terry had taken the former route he’d still be a hero to the kids he protected and he’d still be around to continue protecting his family. Instead he took the latter choice and is at best financially ruined, at worst in jail and financially ruined. Plus he has a man’s death weighing on his mind for the rest of his life.

A lot of what is wrong today..... just dont do anything and dont get involved. Wife is a police officer pretty sure she can't just stand buy and let some one relive themselves in public. Guys he should have let her handle it....smh

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
                                Sure something should be done. The cops were on the way and he would have been arrested immediately. No matter how you slice it, we already know how this ended, with a dead drunk guy and Terry on trial when the alternative would have been the drunk guy going to jail and Terry going home. You can’t just blame that all on Kim Ogg (no I didn’t vote for her).

Didn’t this happen at like 2am, or am I mistaken? I’m still trying to figure out why there are kids at a Denny’s at that time of night.

No the cops were there....his wife is a police officer is she not? He was detained until the on duty police officers showed up. I thought you were a police officer in uniform or not. Am I wrong?

Comment

Working...
                                X