Hopefully no more rodents?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NaClH2O_therapy View Post
    anyone else with tips for rodent control. I'm taking my brand new 36' Forest River Vibe 308 BHS TT to the lease this weekend to leave for the rest of the season. I plan on running an ultrasonic repeller under the camper, silicon steel wool around the areas where there are small gaps in the underside cover. I already killed all grass where the TT will be parked, spraying Bifen under an around the area, spreading moth balls under or trying the moth balls in jugs of water method listed above, rat poison blocks in camp. I also will not leave any food in the cabinets, If any food is left it will be in a plastic storage bin sitting on the table.
    The ultra sonic plug- ins worked for me(4 of them). I also used 3 glue traps just incase they still got in. If you don`t have pets at the lease try baiting the area around the camper. I just sold my camper and I have only had 2 mice get in in the last 2 years. Both were caught by the glue traps.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Weedeat or mowdown the grass where you are going to park your rig buy you several bars of Irish Sring soap chunk them up and spread them under the trailer Not a bad idea to spread some around the perimeter of camp Something about the smell of the soap seems to work I do this under the hood of ranch vehicles that don’t move everyday to keep the rats/mice from chewing up the wiring Good luck and hope your hard work pays off

Comment

You could put a steak near the muffler and call it reverse searing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty5 View Post
            Weedeat or mowdown the grass where you are going to park your rig buy you several bars of Irish Sring soap chunk them up and spread them under the trailer Not a bad idea to spread some around the perimeter of camp Something about the smell of the soap seems to work I do this under the hood of ranch vehicles that don’t move everyday to keep the rats/mice from chewing up the wiring Good luck and hope your hard work pays off
            I put out 8 bars of Irish Spring when I set the trailer up, along with the liquid rat poison in a chicken waterer. Last year I tried moth balls and bar rat bait...I could scatter a half of bucket of rat bars from Tractor Supply before dark and it would ALL be gone by daylight. I spent $70 on bar rat bait last season. Someone mentioned you have to tie them off....I was hoping they were at least carrying them back to their nest and sharing with the family! 😂

Comment

There an underbelly material used on mobile homes, its strong material. The rodents find a way in and bury up in the insulation. Pull the rat infested insulation out and replace with closed-cell foam, there are tanks at hardware store to get the coverage you need. The urine soaked (fluffy) insulation is a health concern the more saturated it becomes.
              Last edited by Tims; 11-27-2018, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Ok what's the status of the rodent deterrent ???

Comment

I sure hope this works. I would like to see at least one person achieve victory over those pesky rats!

Comment

hate to say it but most mice can squeeze thru any hole size of their skull... exp metal wont stop em.
                    most get in thru the elec and water pipe protrusions.. good luck!

Comment

Hope it works for ya, good luck

Comment

I use horse apples during hunting season (Osage orange). You won't have any mice. People think I'm crazy when I knock on there door and see if I can pick some up out of there yard but it works. Never had a mouse in my camper.

Comment

Moth balls seem to be working for us this year’s. However overall mouse numbers seem to be down in the pasture.
                          I also use Rat bait, not mice bait.

BP

Comment

Use one-bite rat poison. ONLY way to go.

I built the below and they has saved our A** the last couple of years.

Comment

I spread rat bait also works for me!

Comment

I haven’t had any rodents since I threw down some moth balls.

Comment

Working...
                                X