No announcement yet.

Man Shoots & Runs over Bald Eagle with ATV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would he drag it in to the woods? Those things are awesome. Breast it out and put it on the smoker or you can make Eagle nuggets and fry them up. Good eats right there!

Comment

I'd have shot him too prolly. Wouldn't have been cruel tho.

I do the same thing to turtles, herons, cranes, feral cats, pigs, varmints and even deer that depredate, especially if it's something I sink money into, like a coy fish or goldfish in a stock tank, my lawn, pecan trees, crops, etc. problem is, this guy took it too far.
      Last edited by UltraMax; 07-13-2017, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
        Where did you read he did it for fun?

He was trying to protect the fish in his pond and small animals on his property. He had already gave warning shots and was frustrated then shot to kill when the eagle wouldn't stay away. I don't see anything about it being fun for him.
        The running over of the injured eagle, not the shooting. He could of dispatched it with the same rifle cleanly but chose a more grotesque method which he either did for fun or even more nefarious reasons.

Comment

He shoulda erected a wind turbine by the pond, and blamed it on "green energy".....

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
            The running over of the injured eagle, not the shooting. He could of dispatched it with the same rifle cleanly but chose a more grotesque method which he either did for fun or even more nefarious reasons.

Agreed the running over part doesn't make much sense. Why not shoot it again?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              Agreed the running over part doesn't make much sense. Why not shoot it again?
              He must of really loved those fish. Probably had names for them and sang to them and such haha!

Comment

... throw the whole fedral book at him

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                  .22 ammo is hard to come by!

Comment

Eagle

Originally posted by txdukklr View Post
                    i'm not gonna lie . . . . if I had a pond and a bald eagle was catching fish out of it I'd go buy more fish

what a jack wagon
                    When i worked in lake management their was a guy in east Texas whose pond we took care of and he had a bald eagle their and he did what u mentioned, stocked the pond every year so he could watch the eagle come down and catch fish.

Comment

Originally posted by UltraMax View Post
                      I'd have shot him too prolly. Wouldn't have been cruel tho.

I do the same thing to turtles, herons, cranes, feral cats, pigs, varmints and even deer that depredate, especially if it's something I sink money into, like a coy fish or goldfish in a stock tank, my lawn, pecan trees, crops, etc. problem is, this guy took it too far.

Nothing like admitting to breaking multiple game laws on an internet forum.

Comment

Originally posted by quackNthwack View Post
                        Nothing like admitting to breaking multiple game laws on an internet forum.
                        Nothing like not knowing that you can protect your property from depredating animals. Btw, it's not against the law to shoot any of the above while in the act of depredating.

Learn the law.

Comment

he's obviously an idiot

Comment

Fish feel pain!

#fishlivesmatter

Comment

He's an idiot. Make an example of him.

Comment

Originally posted by UltraMax View Post
                                Nothing like not knowing that you can protect your property from depredating animals. Btw, it's not against the law to shoot any of the above while in the act of depredating.

Learn the law.
                                Would like to see the law on shooting herons and cranes. You also stated you would have shot the bald eagle given the same circumstances.

Comment

Working...
                                X