No announcement yet.

Dead heads.....what have you found?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little more than just a head but we found this one on our fence line on the neighbors side a couple years ago. Neighbor said he didn't shoot it.
    Public land is only 150 yds or so, so may have been shot over there and not recovered. Its ashame. Public hunter would've certainly been proud of that one.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by rolylane6; 11-30-2022, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Deadheads

This guy was found after the big freeze about thirty yards from my ground blind. Never saw him all season, but did have a few pics.
      Attached Files

Comment

A guy on the ranch shot this buck and he called in a dog which didn’t find it
        Two years later I found this exactly where he fell dead 15 yards from the road
        Attached Files

Comment

I found a set of locked bucks one morning walking back from my bow blind. I must have walked by them many times before finding it. I went back and looked through old game camera pics and found a picture of them locked up the year before. I had the taxidermist clean them up and mount them. Maybe one day I’ll have them shoulder mounted in a fight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I found a dead buck while tracking a buck my dad shot a few years ago. They were less than 20 yards apart.

Found a nice 10 on the brazos river kayaking around chappel hill

Comment

Here’s a couple. Had high hopes for the young ten point with the long brow tines, but found him dead at a tank where I saw him regularly. My best guess is he was killed in a fight. Tip of one antler is broken off. Had never seen the other ten, but found him dead on a trail leading to my blind.
              Attached Files

Comment

No pictures but best dead head I have found was a 146 twelve pt, a 140 eleven point and an old 130 ten point that had been injured the year before and went down 20"s before he died early the next fall.

Comment

Here are a few of mine.

Found the axis head then realized I had a few years of his sheds as well.

The pics with ducks in them are from duck hunting big ponds down south. Can usually find a decent number of sheds/deadheads around them. Same pond, different spots on different hunts, but both of those heads were buried in the mud. No telling how long they had been there.

Found the elk in Nevada, on a knob glassing for mule deer. Super old, massive, gnarly old bull with almost no teeth left. JBone found a matching set of muley sheds on that same knob.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Recent find earlier this year! Taped out at 221 4/8
                    Attached Files

Comment

Me and the dogs found a small spike while we were looking for my 8 that I shot the afternoon before(found the 8 quickly and intact). The spike I think had been chased and killed by coyotes sometime during the night. He was half eaten. Didn’t see any bullet hole.

Sure miss those days of being able to hunt a lease for a nominal cost that didn’t create greed and a feeling of despair if you didn’t kill something!

Comment

Here are a couple of finds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Found this buck on my place in October.

Comment

Found this guy a long time ago on our farm. It was too nice of a buck to not mount…
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BDann View Post
                              Found this guy a long time ago on our farm. It was too nice of a buck to not mount…
                              Goodness! What did his left G3 measure?

What an awesome buck

Comment

^^^ No joke, that’s a great deer!

Comment

Working...
                                X