Clear All

Just Awesome! Congrats!

Comment

Congrats! Great deer and experience

Comment

Great buck

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
          Congrats on a nice buck, nice to see things payoff when people actually put the work and time in.

Good luck in CO w/ your brother. Got back last weekend from hunting deer and it was quite heartbreaking after hunting the whole season and not seeing much quality after knowing the bucks that have come out of that area the last 35-40 years and they are no where to be found anymore it seems.
          Thanks, Ya I've heard 2nd season was pretty abysmal. Were you in the Basin? I got some buddies going up today somewhat close to where we are going to be at so I'll be getting some updates as the week goes on. Never hunted this unit and never a 4th season tag either so things should be interesting. We're going to give it our all and see what we can turn up. Brother is taking my ranger up this weekend to scout for a few days prior and I'll be heading up Monday or Tuesday to meet him.

Comment

Sounds like some good old fashioned Type II fun

Well deserved trophy grinding it out like that. Congrats on a stud of a buck!

Comment

What an adventure and helluva buck!

Comment

Very cool. Dream hunt one day.

Comment

Great job sticking it out and congratulations on a nice mule deer!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Great write up and buck. Congrats.

Comment

We’ll finish this one out with the wall pics. Got the call the other week and he’s home and up.

Pic from the Taxidermist

Dwarfs that 169” Wt next to him. Taxidermist was Jason Alderete at Brazos Bend Taxidermy, first time I had used him but he assured me he would do a great job and he delivered. The hair in some of the pics looks a little rough but it has laid down perfectly now.

We ended up finding a decent buck in Co. We had to lower our expectations after basically 4 days of scouting and not seeing many mature deer. My brother ended up with a 7 or 8 yr old big 4x3, biggest we could find. Weather didn’t cooperate, got a little warm on us.

Onto planning for next yr, still got a cpl states left but have struck out so far.

Comment

Working...
                      X