Best opening day ever!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best opening day ever!

My alarm went off at 5:30 Saturday morning, opening day of rifle season. Zach and I had been seeing a couple nice bucks on camera at a feeder in an open field, not conducive to a bow setup. So we were waiting for rifle. I picked up my phone to turn off the alarm and saw messages from Zach. At 3am his wife's water broke, and they were up at the hospital. Due date was December 13th, so this was a few weeks early. Everything going well though.

I woke M.C. and she started getting dressed. A few minutes later, Zach texted again and said they figured out the baby was breach, so they were doing a C-section. M.C.'s cousin is an anesthesiologist, and he was on duty that night. Zach texted him, so he went up to labor and delivery to help. M.C. and I hurried to get up to the hospital. As we were walking in, her cousin started texting us pics of the baby. It happened pretty quick.

What a blessing! This is our first grandbaby. We couldn't be happier. She's still in the NICU, due to being born at 34 weeks. She is doing great though. No lung issues. Just a little jaundice, and she's still building strength and stamina to be able to eat as much and as often as she needs to before going home. Shouldn't be too much longer. Prayers for her to get to go home soon are appreciated though.

What a blessing!
    Attached Files

Congratulations!

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Shi is adorable! Congratulations!!!

And prayers up for a very short hospital stay.

Comment

She’s beautiful! And, she didn’t want to miss deer season .

Comment

Congratulations G-pa.

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

How wonderful. Congratulations sir.

Comment

Congrats! She's a beauty!

Comment

Congrats to you and yours Shane! Y'all are going to love being grandparents!

Comment

She is Precious. Congrats!!

Comment

Congrats brother Shane!

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

CONGRATS!!! praying for her strength. she's in good hands, every NICU nurse I've ever met was an angel on earth!!

Comment

Congratulations!

My third daughter was a little premature and she was 5 lbs 5 oz. So tiny! Glad to hear that everything went ok with your first grand baby! Thank God for the wisdom and tools available in the medical community.

Comment

Working...
                              X