Time Change Conundrum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time Change Conundrum

In the old days, if I hunted on 'time change' weekend, I don't mess with my watch until Sunday on my way home. I would normally be tired and sleep well when I got back home, so the time change wouldn't impact me much.
    However, I'm afraid if I go to bed Saturday night and set the alarm on my phone for 6:15 a.m., that the phone will auto-magically change time during the night (what, like at 2:00 a.m.?) and if the alarm goes off at 6:15, it will be what should have been 7:15 and closer to sunrise than I want to get up.
    So, will I have to set my alarm to 5:15 to get up at the time I would have gotten up without the time change????

I always just stay up all night drinking to make sure I don’t miss the next mornings hunt, I make up for the lost sleep in the stand the next morning.

Comment

Can I have a hit?

Comment

Originally posted by Tx.Fisher View Post
        I always just stay up all night drinking to make sure I don’t miss the next mornings hunt, I make up for the lost sleep in the stand the next morning.
        This man is a problem solver.

Comment

tough one

Comment

I would use a cheap plug-in-the-wall alarm clock instead of my phone

Comment

Sounds like it depends on your phone. You could change the time on your phone before you go to bed, and turn the auto change off.

Or you could just bring a regular alarm clock.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I like the way you roll.....I do the same thing, well except for the staying up all night drinking.....

Comment

Set 2 alarms. First one goes off, if it's still dark, go back to sleep. Second one goes off, if it's daylight, go back to sleep.

Comment

Sunrise will just be an hour earlier. 6:37 for my area, I will set the alarm for an hour earlier than Saturday and iphone will update the clock time around 2AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                      Sunrise will just be an hour earlier. 6:37 for my area, I will set the alarm for an hour earlier than Saturday and iphone will update the clock time around 2AM.
                      Yep. This is not that hard, phones have been adjusting themselves to time change for a long time now.

Comment

Originally posted by SAC View Post
                        Set 2 alarms. First one goes off, if it's still dark, go back to sleep. Second one goes off, if it's daylight, go back to sleep.

Lmao! I had a feeling a daylight savings thread would deliver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Fuggin genius!

Comment

Just get an east Texas lease. Most the time you're done hunting by 2 am anyways so it don't matter.

Comment

Yes set your alarm on your phone for an hour earlier. That's it.

Comment

Working...
                              X