No announcement yet.

My Deer are MIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acorns where raining down all around me yesterday afternoon along the river. It has deer spread out a little right now.

Rwc

Comment

They are eating Acorns at my lease near Brady. I hunted for 5 days last week. Young does and yearlings at the feeders. I glassed several nice bucks and older does eating under the oak trees ..

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
        I`m just not seeing any bucks. Been on this lease for 5 years and always have 4 or 5 decent bucks on camera this time of year. I see 8-10 does every time I go this year. Had 2 does and a spike see me throwing out hand corn yesterday and came running and started eating 60 feet from me, so they are hungry. Hopefully it has to do with the lack of water this summer and our stock tanks went dry.
        We haven’t seen much in the way of bucks. Spikes. Spikes. Spikes. Usually we take 1 or 2 good ones in bow season every year. So far nothing.

Comment

Been slow at my place near Garven store.

Ever since that one good rain in early September the sightings have been few.

Seen very few acorns though

Comment

Same here in central Texas

Comment

We have lots of acorns this year, but the deer are still cleaning up the corn, within an hour after the feeder goes off. I watched a doe and fawn eating acorns this morning, that was till a nice buck went after the doe. There was a wall of yaupon between me and them, could not get a shot. So went and got the card out of the camera I knew he would be on, it looks like it was the big 8 that has been showing up this month. Wished I could have stayed in the stand longer. I know they will be hanging around all day.

Comment

I’m not seeing many in South Texas.

Feels like the is happens when we have a wet year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Mountain lion moved in.

Comment

Even the pigs at my place in Leon County aren't showing up any more. Must be an awesome acorn crop.

Comment

Does still coming to my road feeder corn when they hear my Canam and road feeder going off. This is in southwest Mills county on the Colorado river. I only feed every other day.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Worst ive seen it - must be a massive acorn crop. Odd considering the drought

Comment

Yup acorns bad... Does still hit feeder a little but im down to one feeding a day for 1 sec right now just to keep from wasting it.

Comment

Yep I’ve got a few regular does & 6 point that are faithful. I had 5 shooters but they’re all gone right now. I hand corn & have a trough but I haven’t thrown corn or added any to the trough in about a week. Hopefully the shooters will turn back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

ditto

Comment

Something will eat

Comment

Working...
                                X