• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nicely done! Great deer!

Comment

Dang! Big congrats!

Comment

Heck yea! That's a well-earned trophy. Great shot and congrats on a heck of a public land buck

Comment

Impressive deer, but a public land 30’s buck is very impressive!

Congrats

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by cstrey18 View Post
            I got my biggest buck this morning on some public land I have been hunting for about 8 years now. It is also only the second buck I have killed out there but not for lack of trying. The first was in 2017 and the hunting was pretty good back then. I moved to South Texas for 2 seasons and when I came back in 2020 it wasn’t the same anymore. It seemed there was a lot more pressure and the deer just weren’t in there like they were before.

I tried a different area last year and I had 2 really big deer on camera but after the first week I wasn’t seeing much and started seeing more people out there. I hunted hard for 2 months and just couldn’t get in range of anything decent. Both big bucks ended up getting killed on private land.

This year I decided to try one of my old spots again. I knew of 3 shooters in the area that I had history with. None of them would score very high but very mature bucks. I ended up finding one of them dead before the season opened. The season started out awful and I was starting to get a little worried.

Yesterday I decided to change things up with the changing weather and wind direction. I got a new spot set up where I felt I could slip in undetected and avoid getting winded. I slipped in this morning without spooking anything and as soon as it got light enough to see a small 8 point and this wider buck came in. At first I thought it was a wide 8 point I was after then I realized it was a new buck. I knew it was the biggest buck I’ve ever had in bow range and he looked mature so I decided to go ahead and take him. He only ran about 60 yards and I heard him crash into a fallen tree. Quickest hunt of my life. I rough scored him at 133 and 18.5 inches wide.

Great buck, great shot! Congratulations!

Comment

Congrats. Nice buck!

Comment

That’s awesome. Congrats on a great public land bow kill.

Comment

That’s awesome. Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations on a beautiful buck!! Getting it done on public land makes it even sweeter.

Comment

Great buck congrats!

Comment

Nice work!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Big congrats!

Comment

Killing a nice buck on public land is a huge accomplishment. I enjoyed the write up also. Big congrats to you sir.

Comment

Beautiful. Congrats.

Comment

Working...
                                X