Fairfield state park sold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fairfield state park sold?

Luminant found a buyer for the property and are under contract. Hearing rumors the park will be closed for good on Oct. 1 as the lease is up after september, can anyone verify?

Dang. We like that park and fishing is good also.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

I saw it was under contract. Will be curious how that plays out.

Comment

Don't they have draw hunts listed for there? Are you meaning Fairfield Lake State Park or something different?

Comment

I wouldn’t be a bit surprised to learn the Chinese government, or some other unfriendly foreign government, is the buyer.

Comment

It's been expected for a while. Think it was 2 years ago when I first heard about this. It's my understanding that the TP&W lease on the park is about up. The lake will become a private lake after that.

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Lake

I read a little about this sale, there were some interesting points listed. The purchaser can choose to lease it back to the state if they choose to do so in which case the state will continue to operate the park. The purchaser will assume a fairly significant dam maintenance program to be preformed annually. Finally Luminant was going to retain the water rights to the lake. I originally though this piece would sell quickly, some developer pick it up and divide it into lake front lots, be interesting to see what happens.

Comment

The dam upkeep $$$ is insane. They also aren't allowed to pump water from the trinity to keep the lake level up since the power plant isn't operating any longer and that lake has a very poor watershed so buyer beware on lakefront property.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                  I wouldn’t be a bit surprised to learn the Chinese government, or some other unfriendly foreign government, is the buyer.
                  Last time I was there, there were enough Chinese with throw nets to conquer it like the Alamo

Comment

Anxious to see how this pans out because Fayette County lake probably isn't to far down the road. Only good to this is once they turn off the power plant the Tilapia will die and cast netters will be gone.

Comment

Power plant has been gone for over an year

Originally posted by HuntForHorns View Post
                      Anxious to see how this pans out because Fayette County lake probably isn't to far down the road. Only good to this is once they turn off the power plant the Tilapia will die and cast netters will be gone.
                      Power plant
                      has been gone for sometime now

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                        Power plant
                        has been gone for sometime now
                        Im talking about on Fayette.

Comment

Originally posted by HuntForHorns View Post
                          Just curious how turning the power plant off will impact tilapia populations.

Comment

Originally posted by PecanBuck View Post
                            Just curious how turning the power plant off will impact tilapia populations.
                            Th warm water it discharges helps them proliferate.

Comment

Sad to see.

Comment

Working...
                              X