High fence ranch entrance ideas...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High fence ranch entrance ideas...

I'm not overly impressed with my google search findings. I'm trying to decide if I should just break down and drop the $2,500-$3,700 to have it done or if I should just do a simple gate for now then build the inset entrance myself in the future. Does anyone have any pictures of an 8' entrance/gate? Thanks

Are you planning on selling hunts to John Q hunter? If so, it might be worth a fancy gate.

Comment

Originally posted by kch73 View Post
      Are you planning on selling hunts to John Q hunter? If so, it might be worth a fancy gate.
      No sir

Comment

If you can have an entrance and gate built for $2500-$3700, I'd jump on that. I have more than that in material alone on my entrance, and I built it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
          If you can have an entrance and gate built for $2500-$3700, I'd jump on that. I have more than that in material alone on my entrance, and I built it myself.
          This

Comment

i have a "plain Jane" gate....it is functional and I couldn't see spending that money on an entrance. However I am on a seldom traveled road....I could see spending the money on a nicer entrance if I were on a road with a lot of traffic.

Comment

Along the same lines, how much does putting in a plain jane gate cost?

My property was cut out of a larger tract, and it's currently completely fenced. No gate. It's never been an issue as I just hop over, but I literally cannot even drive on it.

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
                Along the same lines, how much does putting in a plain jane gate cost?

My property was cut out of a larger tract, and it's currently completely fenced. No gate. It's never been an issue as I just hop over, but I literally cannot even drive on it.

Just a plain gate with the minimum support will be $800-$1000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A custom 8' tall driveway gate without an opener will run you from $150.00-$200.00 per linier foot. The gate opener will be in the $1500.00-$1800.00 range.

Here's one I did a while back. We do about 3-4 gates a month.

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=651486
                  Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by sasqy View Post
                    This

The gate will be just a plain store bought galvanized one for @$300.

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                      The gate will be just a plain store bought galvanized one for @$300.

Ok? What was the $2500-$3700 comment for?

Comment

Originally posted by bzzboyz View Post
                        A custom 8' tall driveway gate without an opener will run you from $150.00-$200.00 per linier foot. The gate opener will be in the $1500.00-$1800.00 range.

Here's one I did a while back. We do about 3-4 gates a month.

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=651486
                        Good luck
                        Man, beautiful work. My place is in a larger subdivided ranch that already has a very nice gate, so I'd probably go with a *cough* little more standard (cheap) deal, but that is great.

Comment

Backwoods congrats on the Place!!! Did I miss the Thread?

Sorry no help on the Entrance....but if me I would probably pay the $ to have it done.

Good Luck

Comment

Yep that's cheap

Comment

Something like this .....Of course with your galvanized gate.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by COOLDAD1; 02-07-2018, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X