Lots of triaxs for sale...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
    I'll be able to afford one in another year. They are nice shooting bows. It seems like allot of Mathews guys and gals are always chasing the new shiny toy. My Z7 E is still my favorite bow.
    Yea I have noticed this too.. I guess hey have never shot a bow that they absolutely Love and have become attached to.
    I'm on my same bow for 6 years now and would trade for anything new..

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
      Yea I have noticed this too.. I guess hey have never shot a bow that they absolutely Love and have become attached to.
      I'm on my same bow for 6 years now and would trade for anything new..
      This is how I feel a about my Destroyer 350... 2011 model and still shoots lights out!

Comment

I sold my Triax... got a Vertix. Why... mainly because I wanted to and have the ability to get a new bow when I want. I like to shoot all the flagship bows each year.. Elite, Prime, Hoyt, and Mathews. I pick what I want outta the group if anything shoot better than what I got. I wasnt sure that the Vertix would be better than the Triax.. but it was. Think it was mainly the new grip. Same dead in the hand and balanced.. just as smooth too.

Not sure why its such a big deal that some folks get new bows quicker than others. I dont bag on guys shooting a 10yo bow and dont question why they haven't upgraded.

Triax was a fine bow.. I shot mine 1/2in short due to the string angle and how I wanted to anchor. Had no issues holding good groups out to 70. I had reservations about selling it not only due to how it shot but I took it to Africa for my first ever trip... but such is life.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by r_u_sharp_2 View Post
          I sold my Triax... got a Vertix. Why... mainly because I wanted to and have the ability to get a new bow when I want. I like to shoot all the flagship bows each year.. Elite, Prime, Hoyt, and Mathews. I pick what I want outta the group if anything shoot better than what I got. I wasnt sure that the Vertix would be better than the Triax.. but it was. Think it was mainly the new grip. Same dead in the hand and balanced.. just as smooth too.

Not sure why its such a big deal that some folks get new bows quicker than others. I dont bag on guys shooting a 10yo bow and dont question why they haven't upgraded.

Triax was a fine bow.. I shot mine 1/2in short due to the string angle and how I wanted to anchor. Had no issues holding good groups out to 70. I had reservations about selling it not only due to how it shot but I took it to Africa for my first ever trip... but such is life.

I ask because as a consumer I’d rather know if it was something wrong with the product or just a need/want aspect. From what I’ve gathered the grip on the triax isn’t very favorable that’s good real world feedback from the thread and the point of it. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
            I ask because as a consumer I’d rather know if it was something wrong with the product or just a need/want aspect. From what I’ve gathered the grip on the triax isn’t very favorable that’s good real world feedback from the thread and the point of it. Thanks
            My response was not completely directed towards your question, rather some of the other poster's comments. I only wanted to offer you my real experience with the Triax, not question your motive in asking your original question. My apologies if it came off that way.

I will add one more piece of info for your consideration... the Triax was one of Mathews best selling bows and there seem to be more people getting into the sport... couple that with the usage of social media/forums etc by what seems to be almost everyone... and you have a recipe for seeing a lot more of anything if you are looking for it.

Comment

Originally posted by r_u_sharp_2 View Post
              My response was not completely directed towards your question, rather some of the other poster's comments. I only wanted to offer you my real experience with the Triax, not question your motive in asking your original question. My apologies if it came off that way.

I will add one more piece of info for your consideration... the Triax was one of Mathews best selling bows and there seem to be more people getting into the sport... couple that with the usage of social media/forums etc by what seems to be almost everyone... and you have a recipe for seeing a lot more of anything if you are looking for it.

Makes sense and no apology necessary i just didn’t want it to come across as i was bashing it. Thanks for the real world feedback [emoji106][emoji2532]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had the Mathews Q2 for eleven years. Sold it. Then a friend gave me a Switchback to use. I have not purchased a new bow in about 20 years. I was looking at the Triax....shot it also. After reading about the Vertix I may just go that route.

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
                  X2! On that note though, I'm starting to get that new bow itch even though my 2008 DXT is still shooting as good today as it did when I bought it almost 11 years ago
                  You beat me to it. Every time I think I want to upgrade I resting or do something and it comes back to life. Even if I do get something else I'll still keep my dxt

Comment

Working...
                  X