No announcement yet.

Best Factory Hunting Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winchester 70 featherweight, or maybe a 700 CDL, in 3006 cause it is the best hunting caliber

Comment

I love my Sako’s (6.5x55 and 308). Might buy something different as I am having a hard time getting myself to thread them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Budget Tikka

Higher end Sako

Comment

Browning hells canyon, tikka, weatherby, bergara, senderos

Comment

a 1970's marlin 45-70,

Comment

Hells canyons are nice. Tikka makes a good rifle. However with what you’ll spend on a higher end factory rifle save a few extra $100 and build a semi custom off a Remington 700 thru a competent gunsmith.

Comment

Vote for Tikka. I had a .243 I turned into a 6.5 Creedmoor. I had a 300 WM I sold. Now I have another stainless .243 that is fixing to get a barrel swap and become a 16” 308 that’ll wear a suppressor.

Comment

Tikka is a good rifle for the price range, but not the best box gun. Currently and in my opinion (only); Ruger Precision is one of the only 1,000 yard guns of the box. Weatherby, Sakko, and some Remington models are also very good. The caliber talk is pointless.

Comment

I just bought a Browning XBolt Hells canyon speed. It’s a great gun!

Comment

Can’t complain with 700 senderos. Have a few of them and they all shoot.

Comment

For quality and beauty, Sako is hard to beat. Browning would be my second choice. Kimber and Bergara make nice rifles as well

Comment

Originally posted by shooter2007 View Post
                          I like Weatherby.

I have never had a Weatherby that didn’t shoot at least under an inch. Most of the time they are half MOA. That’s my vote.

Comment

I’ll take a Browning A-Bolt Stainless Stalker, composite stock with palm swell. I prefer WSM rounds, .270, 7mm, .300

Comment

Remington 700 BDL .270 is my favorite, the one I hunt with was manufactured sometime in the 70’s and still shoots great. For a new gun nowadays Weatherby would be my choice.

Comment

I vote for a 270 Weatherby from the factory for regular hunting most game and Browning x-bolt 300 win mag Medallion for larger game.

Comment

Working...
                                X