No announcement yet.

I'm a Texas Boy - THIS IS NUTS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good on you for helping out! I deal with people in the Midwest on a somewhat regular basis and the weather stories I hear solidify the fact that I am HAPPY in Texas!

Comment

It cracks me up when we have a winter storm at our cabin in Ruidoso. People go nuts. I’ve got my Tacoma, so I really don’t care.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
        Being from PA I can relate. I used to drive a 2wd Ford Ranger. Momentum was key, I would hate when the car or truck in front of me would spin and stop. For some reason in PA guys with 4wd always try to make it in 2wd first, then they get stuck, then put it in 4wd. The problem is that screws up everybody behind them.
        You're not kidding!

Comment

Originally posted by Cazador View Post
          Good on you for helping out! I deal with people in the Midwest on a somewhat regular basis and the weather stories I hear solidify the fact that I am HAPPY in Texas!
          Good Call! I'm not that smart...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
              I am almost 40 and have never even seen/touched real snow. I can not relate at all. You would think since those folks in St.Lious who are born and raised in it ..they would have better plan when it snows.
              That's crazy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
                That's odd, my friends from the north tell me that Texas drivers don't know how to drive in cold weather. Seems that might be an exaggeration and that it's difficult for anyone not in a four-wheel drive truck to drive in those terrible blizzard conditions.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                Yep, that was my thoughts exactly. I think that People are just people and don't use their knoggin when they should.

Comment

I talked to my FIL just south of KC. They have 12 inches and still snowing.

Comment

Originally posted by glpoe1 View Post
                    Yep, that was my thoughts exactly. I think that People are just people and don't use their knoggin when they should.
                    From my experience yesterday, the drivers like me that I have actually used 4 wheel drive and spent time off road and in the mud, did much better. Granted, the cars had no chance. It was just too deep.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Comment

F. T.S.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
                              That's odd, my friends from the north tell me that Texas drivers don't know how to drive in cold weather. Seems that might be an exaggeration and that it's difficult for anyone not in a four-wheel drive truck to drive in those terrible blizzard conditions.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                              Not really an exaggeration. Texas drivers have a hard time on dry roads, let alone driving in rain, snow, or ice. . Driving in blizzard conditions is exponentially more difficult even for people who have experience with driving in snow. Having a 4-wheel drive vehicle is the best way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                                I am almost 40 and have never even seen/touched real snow. I can not relate at all. You would think since those folks in St.Lious who are born and raised in it ..they would have better plan when it snows.
                                The whole cities IQ put together is around 300.

And do not ever get caught on the bad side of town if you're a white Texan.

Comment

Working...
                                X