Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 79F250 View Post
    Why do you feel the need to blame TPWD?
    Grow up and quit being butthurt because there’s rules out there now and you have to pay $50. You have a lease now with big arse deer on it anyways so idk why you even care

Is this all something new to the area? I just started hunting the area and following this site last year but there weren't ANY reports last year of stuff being stolen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Originally posted by 79F250 View Post
      Why do you feel the need to blame TPWD?
      Grow up and quit being butthurt because there’s rules out there now and you have to pay $50. You have a lease now with big arse deer on it anyways so idk why you even care

Calm down there feller... for YEARS this place was free to hunt without having pay a drop... and then whenever TPWD was taking it over all y’all were so excited and jumping for joy for them to take it over so that all the theft and “bad stuff” would stop, correct? Am I lying? BUT obviously it hasn’t stopped even with the beloved TPWD handling the property now. So what did we gain from TPWD taking it over? It still got the same problems as before they took over, just now we have to pay $48 to have yalls shït jacked. You’re correct I’ve got leases and I’ve got several really nice places to hunt on. But, I still pay my $48 and hunt on public cause I didn’t forget where my love for hunting came from. It was from years and years of doing shït the hard way out on TBR. I care cause I love twin buttes and hunting twin buttes. And there’s nothing TPWD has done to improve the situation out there; except create pointless restrictions that are obviously still going on with people leaving stands up all season and having feeders out. So all I get from you is I shouldn’t care that we pay money to a government entity that is suppose to enforce and control the restrictions they bestowed upon us, yet obviously fall short? What I get from you also is that I/We should just go with the flow and “it’ll all work out?” Awful backwards thinking in my uneducated opinion, but then again, different strokes for different folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by JDVerfurth; 12-21-2018, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JDVerfurth View Post
        Calm down there feller... for YEARS this place was free to hunt without having pay a drop... and then whenever TPWD was taking it over all y’all were so excited and jumping for joy for them to take it over so that all the theft and “bad stuff” would stop, correct? Am I lying? BUT obviously it hasn’t stopped even with the beloved TPWD handling the property now. So what did we gain from TPWD taking it over? It still got the same problems as before they took over, just now we have to pay $48 to have yalls shït jacked. You’re correct I’ve got leases and I’ve got several really nice places to hunt on. But, I still pay my $48 and hunt on public cause I didn’t forget where my love for hunting came from. It was from years and years of doing shït the hard way out on TBR. I care cause I love twin buttes and hunting twin buttes. And there’s nothing TPWD has done to improve the situation out there; except create pointless restrictions that are obviously still going on with people leaving stands up all season and having feeders out. So all I get from you is I shouldn’t care that we pay money to a government entity that is suppose to enforce and control the restrictions they bestowed upon us, yet obviously fall short? What I get from you also is that I/We should just go with the flow and “it’ll all work out?” Awful backwards thinking in my uneducated opinion, but then again, different strokes for different folks.

So do you want the couple of game wardens we have to just ignore all their other duties and camp out at twin buttes 24/7 to stop thieves? HeLL even if they did that there’s more land at twin buttes than they can cover. Before TPWD took over I never saw a game warden out there and lake division police wouldn’t even bother getting out of the truck the few times I saw them. Once TPWD took over I was checked multiple times a season by the game wardens. This year alone I’ve been stopped 8 times. My point is every little thing that happens out there you make it a point to blame TPWD. Do you even know how much work Jason (TGW) has put into TB to make it a better place for everyone? He’s opened up new areas and is working on opening up even more. He’s done brush control in area 8 and has planted a dove field (which is now under water lol). They’ve used the money we pay for the permit to make those things happen. Is it perfect out there? No, but I don’t see you doing anything to help improve it. If you love twin buttes as much as you say you do, you would be out there every organized clean up picking up trash or trying to do something to improve the area but all I see you do is complain about TPWD.

Comment

Definitely a lot more law enforcement presence out there now which is a plus. Much better keeping some of the trash out than before they took over. Some of the complaints I see are typical of any public hunting place. People leave equipment out there and wonder why people jack with it. There are low life’s and thieves all over. It’s like leaving your yeti out in plain sight then complaining it was stolen. Lock it down or don’t leave it. Sadly that’s the case with anything now days.

Comment

Anybody know anything about the "diamond toxik bc" is it worth it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

So now that the seasons over... anyone wanna show off their deer? Anyone get a monster? Anyone get anything? Awful quiet in here....

Comment

So now that the seasons over... anyone wanna show off their deer? Anyone get a monster? Anyone get anything? Awful quiet in here....

I saw a lot of deer, but mostly small bucks and doe. Saw a REALLY good buck 2nd week of season, but no shot. Saw some young deer with great potential, as long as they survived.

Comment

I was skunked this year. Saw a lot of deer in October but never took a shot. Got to full draw on one and it turned and walked away before I pulled the trigger. When I went back in November their patterns had changed and they were only coming in at night. Got one shot off but my sights had shifted and I missed. I did get a turkey in October though.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dukota01 View Post
                      I was skunked this year. Saw a lot of deer in October but never took a shot. Got to full draw on one and it turned and walked away before I pulled the trigger. When I went back in November their patterns had changed and they were only coming in at night. Got one shot off but my sights had shifted and I missed. I did get a turkey in October though.

Nice!! Big Tom?

Comment

Originally posted by Jgriffith View Post

Good looking 8... will be bigger next season.

Comment

Nice!! Big Tom?

No, not a Tom but it was tasty!

Comment

For sure, that’s why he got a free pass.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Jgriffith View Post

Holee cow that's nice!

Comment

Working...
                                X