No announcement yet.

2018 Pushmataha County Oklahoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A decade in Pushmataha, second year without my grandfather, and first year hunting black powder. I have been using his old Thompson Center Firehawk .50 caliber, and it might just be my new favorite deer rifle. I've never been in the Three Rivers/Honobia area during this season and I know I'll be back for sure. Buck's were moving hard and I took advantage of the strong north wind on the 1st to sneak around a large clear cut where I spooked a doe and large buck out of bed. I watched them slip into the creek bottom at the base of the hill. The buck had his nose on the doe's tail the second they stood up from bed. I made the decision to hunt the clearcut that evening knowing that doe was hot and it paid off. The same buck from that afternoon came running to the smell of Tink's and presented a shot at 50 yards and the powerbelt smashed his right shoulder. He was down within 40 yards! Biggest bodied deer I've seen out here. He well exceeded the weight limit of our 150 lbs scale after he was gutted, and he had about an inch and a quarter of fat in some places.
    It's sausage and jerky time
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1339-3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	24559335
    Last edited by Texahoman; 11-04-2018, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostSkull View Post
      Thx guys...that sucker had to weigh over 200lbs, biggest body I’ve ever seen on a deer. He was after a doe and she almost ruined...came to full draw when she was directly under me. She spooked, he jumped and moved to 25 yds quartering away...he went about 200yds and I’ve never seen such a blood trail, was about 5 ft wide all the way to him. G5 Dead Meat broadheads

PS...thx for giving me some good luck NannySlayer
      Great buck, is there a trend of bigger bodied bucks this year? They're heckin FAT!

Comment

Originally posted by Horn a holic View Post
        Heck of a buck!
        Thanks for the help gettin him up n out of there....good thing there was a winch available lol

Comment

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post
          Well....hopefully he sticks around a few months.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
          That’s an interesting rack. Did he stick around?

Comment

Originally posted by BigD12 View Post
            That’s an interesting rack. Did he stick around?
            He is still around been shot at and missed by another lease member, he was on camera a few days ago he is out of his core area but still on our property.

Comment

Kevin, another lease member is tagged out on bucks after getting another nice one. He has 300" of bone on the ground this season. Also a nice pig to boot.

Comment

Kevin, another lease member is tagged out on bucks after getting another nice one. He has 300" of bone on the ground this season. Also a nice pig to boot.

For prespective, Kevin in 6-2.

NOT really

Comment

Good looking buck. Congrats to Kevin!

Comment

[Hoping water levels drop enough for me to spend a few days starting Sunday through hopefully Tuesday or Wednesday [/QUOTE]

MTNBUCKS26, are you going to be up there this upcoming week? BG and I will be headed up Monday through Wednesday afternoon. Staying at the luxurious Antlers Budget Inn. If you will have to grab a bite at the Mexican joint in front.

Comment

Originally posted by mww982 View Post
                      [Hoping water levels drop enough for me to spend a few days starting Sunday through hopefully Tuesday or Wednesday
                      MTNBUCKS26, are you going to be up there this upcoming week? BG and I will be headed up Monday through Wednesday afternoon. Staying at the luxurious Antlers Budget Inn. If you will have to grab a bite at the Mexican joint in front.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I will be at the lovely budget inn Friday through Tuesday evening! Lets definitely plan on getting together and getting a bite at the Mexican place. I basically eat there every night after hunting all day lol. Im super pumped to hunt Monday and Tuesday- the big boys will be on there feet those days with the cold temps, rut, and will watch to see what the barometric pressure is doing. Ive always killed my biggest bucks honing in on those type days. Look forward to meeting you guys next week!

Comment

here are a couple we got during black powder. Our group ended up with four does, two bucks, and a hog. We passsed countless 1-3 yr olds. we are giving the place a rest this weekend and then will be back up for rifle.

another three we are after.

Last edited by PSE-Madman; 11-08-2018, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Saw a giant 9 point yesterday morning, he was locked down with a doe. It’s on right now.

Comment

Heading up until the 19th. Perfect weather to kick off rut! Good luck out there guys.

Comment

2018 Pushmataha County Oklahoma

Originally posted by mww982 View Post
                              [Hoping water levels drop enough for me to spend a few days starting Sunday through hopefully Tuesday or Wednesday

MTNBUCKS26, are you going to be up there this upcoming week? BG and I will be headed up Monday through Wednesday afternoon. Staying at the luxurious Antlers Budget Inn. If you will have to grab a bite at the Mexican joint in front.[/QUOTE]

The “Texas Fajitas” at that joint are the best.
                              Not sure when I’ll be back up in pushamataha county, but we really should have a Tbh dinner one Saturday night.

Some great bucks you guys have harvested this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Vantage Point View Post
                                MTNBUCKS26, are you going to be up there this upcoming week? BG and I will be headed up Monday through Wednesday afternoon. Staying at the luxurious Antlers Budget Inn. If you will have to grab a bite at the Mexican joint in front.

The “Texas Fajitas” at that joint are the best.
                                Not sure when I’ll be back up in pushamataha county, but we really should have a Tbh dinner one Saturday night.

Some great bucks you guys have harvested this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Heck yeah, I would be up for that! I’m in the north Fort Worth area. BG is not too far from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X