No announcement yet.

2018 Pushmataha County Oklahoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer were moving quite a bit at my place this weekend. The PM major for Saturday was like 14:45-17:45 and it was spot on. I saw a ton of deer or should I say does and spikes......my neighbor saw a buck mount a doe and I have a pic of a 2 1/2 year old 8 lip curling like a billy goat from last Froday morning. I’m not saying the rut is here but they are starting to get frisky. Next few weeks should be legit especially if it cools off. Also, IMO last year sucked because of all the acorns. I’m not seeing many this year and hand thrown corn seems to be working well. Good luck to all those lucky boys hunting this week!

Comment

I agree with your assessment of last year being impacted by the heavy acorn crop.

Comment

anyone know of a good meat processor in the area? maybe in antlers or hugo?

Comment

I’ve used Tucker’s in Durant. They do a good job.

Comment

Took the day off to hunt the cooler temps and rising barometric pressure. Pull up to where I cross the creek to access my property- there is a small dam and it’s conpletely flooded. No way to cross. Totally unsafe and I’m a confident wader as I fly fish a lot. Really disappointed sitting at the Choctaw sulking trying to come up with an idea on what to do. Can’t go Friday or Saturday bc of work. Guess I should have checked the water levels before I drove up here. Stupid on my behalf

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbucks26 View Post
              Took the day off to hunt the cooler temps and rising barometric pressure. Pull up to where I cross the creek to access my property- there is a small dam and it’s conpletely flooded. No way to cross. Totally unsafe and I’m a confident wader as I fly fish a lot. Really disappointed sitting at the Choctaw sulking trying to come up with an idea on what to do. Can’t go Friday or Saturday bc of work. Guess I should have checked the water levels before I drove up here. Stupid on my behalf
              that deer needs to be shot sir. this job thing is getting in the way. anyway, do what you can to be there as often as possible, without quitting, or lying to the boss. pogo stick across the dam?

Comment

Monsterspike thank you for the encouragement!I brought on a new partner at the absolute wrong time of the year... he micromanages everything- now I can't take off whenever I want like I normally do this time of year lol. Check out this photo of the dam I cross to access property. Love the pogo stick idea haha I was thinking maybe something more Indiana jones like and use his whip to swing across haha. Or accelerating to 80mph and hoping for the best lol. Decided all in all it was probably best to not risk for a deer (I try and keep telling myself that anyways) . Good luck to anyone hunting this weekend! Hoping water levels drop enough for me to spend a few days starting Sunday through hopefully Tuesday or Wednesday

Last edited by mtnbucks26; 10-15-2019, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Perfect weather last few days but the hunting has been slow. Did manage to take a hog this morning. Hoping to see some deer this afternoon, haven’t heard but 1 shot

Comment

2018 Pushmataha County Oklahoma

Monsterspike thank you for the encouragement!I brought on a new partner at the absolute wrong time of the year... he micromanages everything- now I can't take off whenever I want like I normally do this time of year lol. Check out this photo of the dam I cross to access property. Love the pogo stick idea haha I was thinking maybe something more Indiana jones like and use his whip to swing across haha. Or accelerating to 80mph and hoping for the best lol. Decided all in all it was probably best to not risk for a deer (I try and keep telling myself that anyways) . Good luck to anyone hunting this weekend! Hoping water levels drop enough for me to spend a few days starting Sunday through hopefully Tuesday or Wednesday

[ATTACH]931742[/ATTACH]

What’s the name of that creek?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Heading up to the property for the first deer hunt since purchase. unfortuantley, I don’t have the luxury of cell signal up there so no chance for a live hunt. Good luck out there guys!

Comment

[ATTACH]931742[/ATTACH]
                        yeah pogo is a no go. youre going to need a zip line.

Comment

My dad got him one!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice buck! Congrats to him!

Comment

That’s nice. Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh boy! Congratulations to your Dad! He's set the standard and put the pressure on you now. Really nice deer too.

Comment

Working...
                                X