No announcement yet.

Lake Meredith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like a good area, maybe some draws at the back of the tops of the canyons? That's where we found the most buck sign. That a Vortex spotting scope and if so how do you like it? I have 12x50 Vortex Vipers binos and love em. I usually only pull out the spotting scope once I find deer to determine if it's a buck but then again my spotting scope kinda sucks

Comment

Looks like a nice area that could hold some nice deer. Wish I lived closer so I could make more trips out there. Really enjoyed the scouting trip I took up there and can't wait until my trip in November. It is such a cool place.

Comment

Hey Dude, yessir that is the Diamondback 20-60-60, picked it up used on ebay for $150. I really like it and have seen a lot more deer so far this year than in the past. Honestly I think I would prefer your setup, good pair of 10x or better and a crummy scope.

Took off work tomorrow to hunt at Lake Meredith. We have seen 4 days of high winds and rain and tomorrow is going to be sunny, light wind, and cool weather. I am thinking the deer are going to be moving, will see.

Comment

RShockley - yessir, lucky to be so close. The more time I spend out there the more I realize how big it is. This new canyon looks promising for bow season but will most likely have too much pressure come gun. I would like to hunt it more when all the leaves have fallen and I can see a bit better.

Comment

Looks like we have had 5-6 inches of rain west of Meredith and more to come this weekend. It will be interesting to see how high the water level rises to.

Comment

Yeah, I noticed the river was up a bit yesterday, could be coming up if this rain comes in this weekend.

Lost count of the mule does yesterday. Did not see anything in the canyons, like dudebriggs was saying, they were all in the draw backs and hills of the canyons.

Could not find any bucks.

Comment

Anyone go out this weekend? How did you guys do?

Comment

I wish, I live 60 miles east of Dallas

Comment

you guys probably have all kinds of maps like this but here is one I found:
                    Lake Meredith Topo

Comment

Awesome link! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

I will be heading to LM for the first time in a few days. The "grand plan" so far is to park at Plumb Creek and hike in towards the lake a few canyons up. I have seen a lot of bad things said about the "lower trail" due to high vegetation. Does anyone have info on the "upper trail"? Access route or fences to follow?

Comment

hey Castblast, I sent you a private msg.

Comment

I'll be out there Nov 29-Dec 2nd. Anyone planning on being out there then?

Comment

Tagged for later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

chastings77 Thank you! Cant PM you back (not enough posts)

Comment

Working...
                                X