No announcement yet.

Lake Lewisville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're there. It's growing back very thick where the flooding had killed the vegatation off. Got a teal and a dove today. IL be out again in the am after teal.

Comment

Got on a few hogs today. They turned and busted me at 60yrds no shot

Comment

Originally posted by Slow&Steady View Post
        I'll be there when it opens in the morning though, admittedly, I only duck hunt there.

Saw a ton of pigs along the greenbelt last year while paddling. If anyone has a canoe, it's an easy way to put some pork in the freezer.
        That sounds fun. You shoot them from the boat?

Comment

Originally posted by Jackbdwyer View Post
          That sounds fun. You shoot them from the boat?

I don't think it is legal in Texas to fire a weapon from a boat. I know it is definitely illegal for game species, but not completely positive for non game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad somebody is out there sweating and chasing meat. Keep at it Pervis.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been a few times and I keep at it well, just haven't posted anything here. Had a calico the other evening wanting to get stuck real bad. Been after quack shacks right now

Comment

Anybody been out after pigs lately? I went out to the COD land on the north side back in October and it was so thick you could see more than a few feet. Thinking about heading out there this weekend and hoping some of the vegetation has died off.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Comment

I had two walk up next to my duck hunting boat last weekend, within 10 yards. Now I may start packing the bow on duck hunts!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

If anybody has a City of Denton permit and wants to go try and find some pigs this weekend or next let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
                      If anybody has a City of Denton permit and wants to go try and find some pigs this weekend or next let me know.

I might be out there Friday morning. I got into pigs good out there before deer season started... haven’t been back since.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                        I might be out there Friday morning. I got into pigs good out there before deer season started... haven’t been back since.

Pervis and I are gonna give them a try Sunday. I Have to work on Friday.

Comment

Lake Lewisville

Did a few hours out there today.

The wind was out of the south, so I decided to hit the peninsula south of 380. Saw two hunters on their way out while I was on my way in.

I did jump a small fork horn buck and could have taken a coyote. I wasn’t quite sure if rules and regs allowed me to take the yote, so I let it walk. A few fresh deer scat piles, a few old pig rutting locations, but very little fresh pig sign.

With the lake down, you may try north of 380 or over off 2181/ old Alton

Last edited by IkemanTX; 12-08-2017, 04:15 PM.

Comment

I suggest trying the east side of the lake, south of 380. I know for a fact there is a decent sized sounder in that area. I saw two today just after 1pm within eye shot of Jacobs liquor store.

So in summation, directly south of rock hill road is the place to be.

Comment

Walked a good bit today. Saw 2 does. Prob heard a pig or 2 in the woods. It's impossible to be quiet w the grass and leaves all crunching under your feet. Me and shake and bake are gona cover more ground coming up soon and find em

Comment

Okay I have a question(s). In order to get a permit for this place, do you have to be there in person or can you buy one through the mail? Does the permit only allow for specific dates or it is valid for entire season?

Comment

Working...
                                X