How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try flyfishfood fly shop

Fly Fish Food is a full service retail and online fly shop servicing fly tyers with one of the biggest fly tying selections around and fly fishers with anything they need to feed the fly fishing addiction.

Comment

Matt Bennett in Round Rock ties custom flies. He worked at Living Waters flyshop in Round Rock for a few years and now has started tying commercially full time. you can contact him for any flies and he'll tie them up for you.

Custom flies for selective predatory fish. Designed in Texas, proven successful worldwide.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
        In the next few days I'll post my 9 wt custom fly rod build in the DIY section.

As it is with all custom rod builds, the color selection is the toughest decision to make. So I'll theme it much like this casting blank's colors.
        I have a rod with those same color wraps

Comment

anyone here ever fish the gunnison gorge? I;m in the middle of planning a trip for mid to late august. Would like to hear about your trip if you've been. thanks

Comment

Any suggestions where I can practice my fly fishing skills in Arlington? Any neighborhood ponds?

Comment

Dry casting with a piece of yarn tied into your tippet eureka best

Comment

Originally posted by Treehunter View Post
                Any suggestions where I can practice my fly fishing skills in Arlington? Any neighborhood ponds?
                I don't live in Arlington, but all I ever really do is fly fish neighborhood ponds. In fact, I like to hit up different neighborhood fishing, not just the one in my neighborhood (my neighborhood pond is more of a tank.)

Oh and google earth is your friend. Just look around where you live and see if any of the water you see is a fishing pond. I found several I didn't even know about.

Comment

I used to when I had the time> I am planning to start up again now that I am semi-retired. I just took my 4 wt rig to my house up in Arkansas. Went for a drive to the Little Red River last weekend but didn't fish.

Comment

Hopefully going this evening. Back to the ol honey hole with my trusty 4 wt. TFO. Gotta love that topwater blowup.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I've been trying to catch perch in my tank but all I get is bass. It is a good deal of fun to catch a 1-3# bass on my 4wt but they're not my target

Comment

I fly fished when I was stationed in Idaho. It was my favorite way to fish. I haven't been since I moved here a year ago.

I will have to post up a few pics when I am home.

Comment

You need to get into salt water fly fishing

Comment

Some hybrids from cooper today

Man has it really been this long since my last post. Several trips have had to be postponed, rescheduled and cancelled due to the exces...

Comment

I got to fly fish quite a bit on my recent Alaska trip. I can't wait to get back.

[IMG]http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/20/dd8d80ceba9a4608c0deaf3155c1e668.jpg[/IMG

Last edited by docmay; 06-20-2015, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X