No announcement yet.

2022 Handgun Hunting Theead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought this hand cannon a few weeks ago from a good friend who can no longer shoot it. Hope to add an LDP to this thread soon!
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
      Bought this hand cannon a few weeks ago from a good friend who can no longer shoot it. Hope to add an LDP to this thread soon!
      Sweet!

Comment

.44?

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bowtecmike View Post
          .44?

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk
          Yessir. 44

One thing that is interesting about this one is that it has a threaded barrel and a barrel extender for shot shell. Can’t find anything about the barrel extender online?

Comment

Originally posted by John316 View Post
            Thanks Randy! Looks like you are passing on the torch. Your 2019 Handgun hunting thread inspired me to become a handgun hunter. Last season I bought a legitimate hunting handgun and shot 4 hogs. So far this year a coyote and this whitetail. It has been much more challenging and rewarding way of hunting. The handgun hunting threads have been really cool, I look forward to see everyone’s success pictures.
            Man that is awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Excellent choice! Good luck and post pics when you draw blood!

Comment

Yessir. 44

One thing that is interesting about this one is that it has a threaded barrel and a barrel extender for shot shell. Can’t find anything about the barrel extender online?
                TC called it a choke IIRC. It was more to strip the plastic capsules off of a pellet charge in the “Hot Shot” rounds and counter the effects of the rifled bore on pellets. Originally it came with a wrench to unscrew the choke. The .45 Colt could also shoot .410 shells, again it I remember correctly. I never saw one in the flesh, but I remember seeing the ads.

Comment

Added a second FA M97 to my small arsenal today. Ordered this about a year ago. This one is 45 Colt and will be a nice addition to my other M97 in 41 magnum. Ordered without the front sight, and added the factory action/trigger job, and Trijicon mount. At my lease now and will start working with it tomorrow morning. Goal is to break it in on a deer or hog this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The FA guns are top notch. I have one in .44 mag that I bought used, at a bargain I might add. Probably wouldn’t ever have paid what a new one costs but once they are in your hand the difference between them and others is readily apparent ! Bank vault tolerances !

Good luck getting something in front of you to break it in on !

Comment

Originally posted by Randy M View Post
                      Added a second FA M97 to my small arsenal today. Ordered this about a year ago. This one is 45 Colt and will be a nice addition to my other M97 in 41 magnum. Ordered without the front sight, and added the factory action/trigger job, and Trijicon mount. At my lease now and will start working with it tomorrow morning. Goal is to break it in on a deer or hog this week.

That is a sweet looking cannon. I’m curious how the 45 colt will perform compared to the 41 and 44 mags.

Comment

Well this has been a great week. Took ownership of a new FA M97 in 45 Colt on Monday. Headed to my lease that night. Tested 3 different loads Tuesday morning and decided to start with a 250 xtp over H110. Clocked that load at an average of 1407 fps over three shots.

This morning was 28 degrees here in central Texas with a light wind. Near perfect hunting conditions. This doe stepped out at 65ish yards perfectly broadside. My shot was a little lower than where I was looking but still good enough to clip the heart. The doe ran about 30 yards before going down.

Comment

Dead is always dead ! Good shooting !

Comment

Nice shooting Randy. I had no idea a 45 colt was capable of 1400fps, pretty amazing!

Comment

2022 Handgun Hunting Theead

S&W 629 44 mag

Comment

Originally posted by LUCKY AGAIN View Post
                                S&W 629 44 mag

Outstanding! Congrats!!

Comment

Working...
                                X