Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow nice find.

Comment

Beautiful metate and Mano. You sure don't find them like that every day.

Comment

Wow! That is an awesome find!

Comment

Ok, I have a piece that I’ve never seen one of before! I think it’s really cool and the design and craftsmanship is pure genius. This was found on the ranch in SE Oklahoma. Pretty obvious to me what its purpose is, but I will wait to hear what the experts have to say and hopefully get a little more info/history on pieces of the like. Thank for any info and enjoy!
          Attached Files

Comment

I found this in Caldwell county just north of Luling. What do the experts think? Thanks
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by txbowhunter14 View Post
              I found this in Caldwell county just north of Luling. What do the experts think? Thanks
              Angostura and a fine one.i collect those. It's a little fellow.
              Last edited by GarGuy; 10-02-2022, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by reconman View Post
                Ok, I have a piece that I’ve never seen one of before! I think it’s really cool and the design and craftsmanship is pure genius. This was found on the ranch in SE Oklahoma. Pretty obvious to me what its purpose is, but I will wait to hear what the experts have to say and hopefully get a little more info/history on pieces of the like. Thank for any info and enjoy!
                Not a finished artifact. Been worked but the sharp end looks like an accidental break.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                  Not a finished artifact. Been worked but the sharp end looks like an accidental break.
                  Definitely a bit of the tip is broken off, but it sure seems to fit the hand ever so perfectly to be used as a gut hook. The places made into finger grooves are extremely smooth compared to the rest of it. The curved part is still sharp enough to cut you. Tip of the point is what seems messed up though.

Comment

Thanks for the input! Have y'all ever heard of having them tested/analyzed? Like some kind of carbon dating any material left inside the cracks in the rock? It would be interesting to know what and when they were grinding. Hell, maybe I've watched too much Oak Island.

Comment

Originally posted by DXTrey View Post
                      Thanks for the input! Have y'all ever heard of having them tested/analyzed? Like some kind of carbon dating any material left inside the cracks in the rock? It would be interesting to know what and when they were grinding. Hell, maybe I've watched too much Oak Island.
                      Virtually all the types have been carbon dated. Charcoal from immediate context is best on dug, undisturbed sites. Anyway most artifact ages are well established.

Comment

My dad was a huge collector and spent all of his free time looking for artifacts mainly all iver Central Texas. He even had a native american art and artifacts gallery back in the early 80’s. He passed away in the mid ‘90s and unfortunately my mother got rid of just about everything of value. I ended up w a couple of small cases of arrowheads that I’ve had stashed away for 20 years. Here’s one someone told me was a pretty good one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've never found one long like this one before
                          Thought it was pretty cool. It was broken, but laying like it was one piece.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Any thoughts?

Comment

Spatula?

Comment

I'm going to guess that it is a unfinished something.

Comment

Working...
                                X