No announcement yet.

hurricane season 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When was the last time the US went the season without getting hit by a hurricane?

I know people need rain, but the damage no one needs or wants period!

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
      Good to see you on here, Johnny!
      Good to get on here! Heading to Leakey en la manana. Was there a month ago and had a little luck. Hope all is well my man.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
        Good to get on here! Heading to Leakey en la manana. Was there a month ago and had a little luck. Hope all is well my man.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
        That’s awesome! Some ****ed good eating there. Bring ‘em some more rain while you’re up there.

Comment

I'm a tropical tidbits follower, and Levi thinks the storm needs to get to Jamaica this weekend before we really know anything.

Something about a broad wave area, north/south options for development, tilted axis....could end up anywhere from Texas to the Keys depending on which route it takes.

Which I think we all already knew.

I'm gonna go do something else while we wait.

Hi, Johhny! Good to see you!

Comment

What I read this morning:

“While the long term track does remain a bit tricky, confidence is growing the storm stays east of Louisiana. Current forecasts bring the storm near western Cuba by Monday/Tuesday then moves into Florida by the middle of next week potentially as a strong hurricane. Trends in models have been our friend along the northern Gulf Coast as they show a steady moving storm along with a deep trough over the eastern United States. This would act to steer the storm north then northeast once it reaches the far south eastern Gulf of Mexico. Of course we'll continue to watch, but the trends have been good.”

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
              Looks like the GFS trended back east, not that swings are surprising. I haven't read anything concerning for Texas, and it sounds like at this point LA is an outlier. Quackerbox, your kiddo might not be so lucky to miss this one.
              Hes on the 3rd floor of a concrete building. I think he'll be fine. Hard to tell mom that though. He on the other hand hasnt mentioned it. Once he does, he'll be worried about his boat

Originally posted by Twist View Post
              That dam thing’s never gonna leave if y’all keep feeding it.
              I laughed

Comment

???https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/storm_graph...essages_sm.png

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
                  ???
                  Yeah it’s TD9 now. May get a name not sure what recon is finding this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                    Hes on the 3rd floor of a concrete building. I think he'll be fine. Hard to tell mom that though. He on the other hand hasnt mentioned it. Once he does, he'll be worried about his boat

I laughed
                    No plans to hook onto boat and head west? If it makes him feel better I left my boat under the carport for Laura. It wasnt exactly where I left it when I came back but it was fine and that was basically a cat 5

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                      No plans to hook onto boat and head west? If it makes him feel better I left my boat under the carport for Laura. It wasnt exactly where I left it when I came back but it was fine and that was basically a cat 5

Nah, if anything they will retreat to Georgia to a friends house. Not that Ga will be much better than the dorm

The boat and several others are actually parked in a parking garage. I think they will be find where they sit. Depending on the direction it goes might not be a bad idea to tie it to something no more than it weighs.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        Nah, if anything they will retreat to Georgia to a friends house. Not that Ga will be much better than the dorm

The boat and several others are actually parked in a parking garage. I think they will be find where they sit. Depending on the direction it goes might not be a bad idea to tie it to something no more than it weighs.
                        We usually fill ours with water to add weight

Comment

Looking more like a Florida storm.

Johnny, so glad to see you post. Great Axis and still praying for you and your family!

Comment

Having been through a few storms with my own boats and many other neighbors/friends I will say this, I would tie it to something in some fashion. I have seen some things, lol. My boat/trailer in a storage facility floated, turned catty corner and wedged between purlins and required a floor jack to get it out.

If you are going to fill it up, you need to put jackstands under the trailer to support the weight of the water and still tie it to something. I would avoid adding water due to rain overflowing the bilge area/batteries as well as popping tires from the weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              Having been through a few storms with my own boats and many other neighbors/friends I will say this, I would tie it to something in some fashion. I have seen some things, lol. My boat/trailer in a storage facility floated, turned catty corner and wedged between purlins and required a floor jack to get it out.

If you are going to fill it up, you need to put jackstands under the trailer to support the weight of the water and still tie it to something. I would avoid adding water due to rain overflowing the bilge area/batteries as well as popping tires from the weight.
                              Like mine, his boat is under roof. So no rain

Comment

TD10 has become Hermine. TD9 will get Ian, if you put any weight in "I" storms being trouble.

Comment

Working...
                                X