No announcement yet.

Brecks 2022 Gator Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's Awesome! Congratulations on the great memories made!!!!

Comment

Well done!!!

Big congrats to y’all.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokeater View Post
        Bro, you have to be one of the best guide dads I know! Good job y'all!
        Oh, and I didn't tie one up cuz Ize hoping you would shew one across the road for me.......oh buddy ol pal!!
        I can’t take any credit for guiding on this one, all credit goes to Mr. Mickey! I was just glad to be invited to tag along.

I told Breck to start shewing the bucks he was not interested in your way!

Crazy fireman!

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
          Congrats to all involved ! Interested in the gator’s measurements, length, estimated weight, etc.
          10’ even, head measured 20” nose to cut line. Weight, freaking heavy!

Rwc

Comment

That's awesome, I don't know mickey personally, but have talked to him a little thru PM and think we have some mutual friends. You simply won't find better people. Good on yall, looks like a heck of a weekend.

Sent from my SM-F721U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
              Ha! I thought so. I used to duck hunt a lot with him when I was a young kid. Probably 25+ years ago in Winnie. Good dude and never wore shoes!

You and I must of met at some point in that time frame. Harland is a special kind of Dude to me

Comment

That’s the best kind of stuff Dad! We were done there doing similar stuff this weekend so wish we had bumped into y’all.

Comment

That's awesome. Way to go for all involved here. Good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                    I can’t take any credit for guiding on this one, all credit goes to Mr. Mickey! I was just glad to be invited to tag along.

I told Breck to start shewing the bucks he was not interested in your way!

Crazy fireman!

Rwc
                    Ha! Wouldn't be the first time I took someone's culls!!

Comment

I have been asked about the meat and type of cuts you get.

The group that skinned it for us (Mr. Harlan) cut all the meat out and de-boned for us. Of course all the white tail meat (tail-tenderloin) I cut into frying pieces like you would get at a restaurant. If my memory serves me right, just those portions filled a dozen freezer backs that weighed 3/4 pounds each.

The jaw meat we cleaned up and also cut into frying pieces (approx. 2"x2" chunks). The two jaw pieces filled up 5 more freezer bags weighing approximately the same.

As for all the trimmings and red tinted meat, I soaked in a salt water brine for a couple hours, drained the brine off, rinsed then ran through the burger plates of my grinder. The end product for this will be gator chili, a few pounds of smoked gator sausage and a few meals of fried style salmon patties/gator balls.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                        You and I must of met at some point in that time frame. Harland is a special kind of Dude to me

My Uncle and our family friend Will started Central Flyway Outfitters in Winnie. Mr. Hatcher guided and cooked a ton of duck gumbo every year.

I’ll never forget when one of their 6x6s fell of in a big gator hole during teal season. He jumped out without any shoes on and lifted the front end of that thing out. In my eyes as a kid, he was/is a giant. Ha

Comment

That is awesome! Tell Breck I said congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                            That is awesome! Tell Breck I said congrats.
                            Will do, he's back to school work, grinding out football practices getting ready for the district opener and hand corning his bow stand.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                              Will do, he's back to school work, grinding out football practices getting ready for the district opener and hand corning his bow stand.

Rwc
                              Hell of a life.

Comment

dang that is a goodun. Breck is a blessed kid and has a great family to share his spare time. Makes me want a lizzard now.

Comment

Working...
                                X