No announcement yet.

The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well done!! getting close for us. we leave the 29th. I have been packed since July.....

Comment

Congrats zins !!

The weather change is looking nice now folks. Much cooler with a snow chance going into this weekend, snow more up North. A little warmer Sunday and Monday then another cool front with good moisture next week mid week.
      Montana should be feeling it soon I think, I hope for you Bill.
      Laramie Peak may get a dusting WyoBull.
      First frost for us perhaps.

Might want to have that rain gear for next week and be ready for cool, wet weather up higher.

Comment

Congrats on the bull! Hopefully they start talking more and y’all fill both tags.

7 days until I’m headed north with an either-sex tag in my pocket, partner has a rifle bear tag.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
          We are north of Angel Fire and West of Eagles Nest so not in the area affected by the fire.
          West Moreno?

Comment

Can't wait to be in Montana in a couple more weeks! Killing me.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
              West Moreno?
              Yes, on private.

Comment

Congrats Zins...........I hope everyone finds your success!

Comment

Congrats on the bull zins!

Comment

Congrats zins!

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                      Yes, on private.
                      That's an awesome area. Good luck! Can't wait to see your pics and story!

Comment

I k or of another tbh’er that killed an elk on public lands today. I hope he posts it up soon . Probably still busy packing it out .

Comment

Finally got my first elk on public land in Colorado this year, second year at it. Packed in a few miles and heard this guy in a draw bugling. We had a bugling fest at each other for almost an hour before curiosity got him. Right into my setup at 40 yards, went about 100 yards and piled up. My wife was with me, we are beat but headed home.

Comment

Originally posted by Banded Drake Calls View Post
                            Finally got my first elk on public land in Colorado this year, second year at it. Packed in a few miles and heard this guy in a draw bugling. We had a bugling fest at each other for almost an hour before curiosity got him. Right into my setup at 40 yards, went about 100 yards and piled up. My wife was with me, we are beat but headed home.

Hell yeah Aaron ! Congratulations brother

Comment

Congrats Aaron and Zins!
                              Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

40 this morning in SW Montana. Pulled out my merino wool baseline for the first time. 3 eggs, strong coffee and checking TBH and then our the door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X