X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closer look at the birdies

Comment

Originally posted by Flint knapper View Post
      I would be out looking all the time if I had property that had a lot of artifacts!

As it is I find one every once in awhile!
      I hear ya. The ranch I spend most of the time at has a few but it's hard looking.

Comment

Dang Copper, you are making me want to ditch this deer hunting and get back on the Artifacts! Looks like a great place to surface hunt. Great finds and thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
          Dang Copper, you are making me want to ditch this deer hunting and get back on the Artifacts! Looks like a great place to surface hunt. Great finds and thanks for sharing.
          I'm in a deer blind in west tx right now wishing I was back down south looking for points! Place is loaded! Just wish I had like a whole weekend to just look for points instead of a couple hrs a day. I bet you could fill a 5 gallon bucket up over a weekend. All those finds took about an hr and were 20yds apart. I picked one up and would look a ft and grab another! It's a great feeling when that happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Copper87 View Post
            I'm in a deer blind in west tx right now wishing I was back down south looking for points! Place is loaded! Just wish I had like a whole weekend to just look for points instead of a couple hrs a day. I bet you could fill a 5 gallon bucket up over a weekend. All those finds took about an hr and were 20yds apart. I picked one up and would look a ft and grab another! It's a great feeling when that happens.
            Are you new to the place? I remember that feeling... it was like that the first several years we had the place. I would get a 44oz Styrofoam cup drink on the way down once finished I would only put the 100% complete ones in it. At the end of the weekend it would be full to the top. I would find about 20 brokes to 1 complete.

Also, I had several 5gal buckets of brokes I finally had to dump out. It just got too much to lug around.
            Last edited by Reelthreat; 11-24-2015, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Reelthreat View Post
              Are you new to the place? I remember that feeling... it was like that the first several years we had the place. I would get a 44oz Styrofoam cup drink on the way down once finished I would only put the 100% complete ones in it. At the end of the weekend it would be full to the top. I would find about 20 brokes to 1 complete.

Also, I had several 5gal buckets of brokes I finally had to dump out. It just got too much to lug around.
              It's the Callaghan ranch 100,000+ acres lowfence heaven. My buddy has a spot on it and I go down with him. If I had a spot on it I would live there for 4 months out of the year!🙈 This is his 2nd ur on it. Like I said we hunt in the morning and evening so I only look for a 1hr or 2 mid day😪

Comment

I love to deer hunt and look for points! I don't know what to do!!!!😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Comment

Edwards county surface finds today. Spent some time looking in a field we just burned.

Comment

Recent finds in STX, that white one sparks some interest. No birdies this time[emoji25]

Comment

Is my bottom right point a broken pedernales?

Comment

Bump

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                          Is my bottom right point a broken pedernales?
                          I would say so

Comment

I found this website very helpful so maybe it would help someone else.

Ranchdog

Comment

Found these when I lived in VA.

Comment

Originally posted by SoTXAg06 View Post

Found these when I lived in VA.
                                Those are neat. i am not familiar with types from up there. They are quite similar to Archaic types from Texas though and likely the same age. 3-6,000 years old.

Comment

Working...
                                X