Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm starting to sweat the Senate race....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruz 54
    Beto 46

Thats my 36hr prediction

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
      Maybe in two years, people will go vote in the primary and put in a real Republican candidate instead of Cornyn. That is where the change has to start, in the primaries.
      YESSIR!

Comment

Austin just announced that they will not offer any jobs to businesses that help build the wall. Can they legally do that?

Comment

Originally posted by C-dubyah View Post
          Austin just announced that they will not offer any jobs to businesses that help build the wall. Can they legally do that?
          Seems like a type of discrimination to me.

Comment

Originally posted by C-dubyah View Post
            A lot of Government agencies (Federal, State & City) use past performance of a company (projects they've worked on) as a down-select discriminator (not to be confused with discrimination) when awarding contract work after receiving bids/proposals. This seems to be a bit of a stretch (politically motivated) but I imagine they probably can.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
              Most of the people responding to polls are democrats anyway. Republicans are too busy at work to mess with such BS.
              ^^^ this ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
                A lot of Government agencies (Federal, State & City) use past performance of a company (projects they've worked on) as a down-select discriminator (not to be confused with discrimination) when awarding contract work after receiving bids/proposals. This seems to be a bit of a stretch (politically motivated) but I imagine they probably can.
                Yes, but that is based on performance of the projects, not the projects themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                  Yes, but that is based on performance of the projects, not the projects themselves.
                  Performance is a key factor...especially if the contractor has any negative performance assessments on record. But context of the work performed is also used to qualify candidate contractors to determine if they have the skill set necessary to perform the work...and that is how they'll get away with evaluating the past projects they've worked on. Not saying its right but...

Comment

Performance is a key factor...especially if the contractor has any negative performance assessments on record. But context of the work performed is also used to qualify candidate contractors to determine if they have the skill set necessary to perform the work...and that is how they'll get away with evaluating the past projects they've worked on. Not saying its right but...
                    Context of the work performed? Of course you're not going to hire a fence builder to build a building. You're not going to hire an electrician to build a fence either. The fact that the city said they won't hire a company that works on the wall is flat out political discrimination. What would be the outcry if a conservative city wouldn't hire a contractor because they stated that the said contractor has built a Planned Parenhood or abortion clinic?

Comment

Some of yall need to look up Minority Owned Businesses and how they get jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                        Some of yall need to look up Minority Owned Businesses and how they get jobs.
                        I don't have to look it up. I deal with it daily.

Comment

Context of the work performed? Of course you're not going to hire a fence builder to build a building. You're not going to hire an electrician to build a fence either. The fact that the city said they won't hire a company that works on the wall is flat out political discrimination. What would be the outcry if a conservative city wouldn't hire a contractor because they stated that the said contractor has built a Planned Parenhood or abortion clinic?
                          Correct but you'd be amazed at how many fence builders put their name in the hat for building contracts. The client has to sort through that garbage and past performance is one way of vetting their contractors. Same goes for hiring anyone to work on your house...you want to see examples of their work

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Correct but you'd be amazed at how many fence builders put their name in the hat for building contracts. The client has to sort through that garbage and past performance is one way of vetting their contractors. Same goes for hiring anyone to work on your house...you want to see examples of their work

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                            What does that have to do with Austin's stance on contractors working on the wall?

You can bet your *** that there's not a "fence builder" that has the bonding capacity to even consider getting a contract on the wall. If the wall gets built, it will be by General Contractors, not fence companies.

Comment

What does that have to do with Austin's stance on contractors working on the wall?

You can bet your *** that there's not a "fence builder" that has the bonding capacity to even consider getting a contract on the wall. If the wall gets built, it will be by General Contractors, not fence companies.
                              We strayed off topic I admit, but I was simply using your example to illustrate the point that when a full & open RFP is issued, anyone can submit a response and the evaluators have to have some measure to filter through those submissions to "fairly" evaluate and make an award...one method they use is through requiring past performance in which they look at rated performance as well as the type of work performed.

What does this have to do with Austin's stance on contractor's working on the wall?...not a lot, but Austin could potentially require past performance submissions as a guise for making politically motivated awards, and get away with it. They would be outright stupid to publicly say they didn't specifically award to a contractor because they worked on the wall project...and frankly I'm surprised they even issued a public statement to that effect to begin with. It opens them up to protest and potential lawsuits.
                              Last edited by JonBoy; 11-06-2018, 10:57 AM.

Comment

I don't have to look it up. I deal with it daily.
                                1/1024% is all you need Ironmanez

Comment

Working...
                                X