No announcement yet.

Dehydrator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got a Presto Dehydro Dehydrator from walmart for around $50 that ive had for several years and works great. comes with 4 trays and additional trays can be bought seperate

Comment

I use the game winner cheap ones as well. Mine work flawlessly. I just made 15lbs. of jerky the day before Thanksgiving. The jerky will stay "good" for about a month in the bag, not chilled. I have made 30-45lbs of jerky every year for the last 5 years on the game winners.

Comment

I have the one you are looking at. Bought it several years ago. It was on sale then for less than a $100.

I went from a round nesco. Definitely a step up. I really recommend one with the variable temp. This one is easy cleanup. I want say I can start wit about 7 pounds of meat. I usually go with 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just bought a 6 tray from Meatyourmaker.com So far seems like a good bu. They just had a major black friday/ cyber monday sale. Might be worth a call to see if they will honor pricing

Comment

I bought this LEM at Academy a few years back and it seems to be good quality for the price. Not a large one however but didn't need any bigger.

Comment

I have the 9 tray Excalibur, several years old. Has worked good so far, we don't use it a lot, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew View Post
                Looking to get a Dehydrator. Don't want to spend a lot on a commercial grade unit, but don't want to buy a POS either. Any suggestions?

This one at Cabelas looks ok. Just not sure about capacity.

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/cabe...ray-dehydrator
                I have this one. I can't remember but I think it will do about 5-7 lbs of ground jerky at a time. I have no issues with it.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                  We bought the cheap and simple Game Winner dehydrator for $49 from
                  academy and it has been flawless for years for us. Every year, I make upwards of 30+ lbs. of deer jerky without issue and its simple cleanup.
                  Although, it is much less capacity than the one from Cabelas, ours does 5 lbs of sliced and cured meat per cycle.

I got one of these last year when my old one crapped out. Works great. 5 lbs of sliced or gunned is spot on.

Comment

Vacuum seal and freeze jerky…..snacks for the year! And the taste is still pretty dang good! I’ve had one of the older Nesco brands for years….still does well. Although I’d like a commercial grade,bigger model

Comment

Never had good luck with round dehydrators, owned several and got rid of them. Got this LEM and it works great. Academy has 20% off site wide today too. https://www.academy.com/p/lem-10-tray-dehydrator

Comment

Back in the market for a dehydrator upgrade with Christmas around the corner and wanted to ask you folks with the Excalibur and LEM 9+ trays how much you have to rotate the trays and how easy cleanup of said trays is? I know with my round one I need to scrub pretty good but them again it may be the allegro marinade I use on full muscle baking on them. I'm looking for more capacity, square trays for easier squirt jerky making and easy cleanup

Comment

We used to use Allegro on all our steaks, never tried it on jerky I just sprinkle down with Bolner's jerky seasoning and go. I think I'll try a batch with Allegro and see how it turns out.

I don't even clean my trays, but my jerky is pretty dry when it hits the trays already.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                            We used to use Allegro on all our steaks, never tried it on jerky I just sprinkle down with Bolner's jerky seasoning and go. I think I'll try a batch with Allegro and see how it turns out.

I don't even clean my trays, but my jerky is pretty dry when it hits the trays already.

Check your PMs...

Mine is wet as heck with full muscle and bakes on .... I have to soak and scrub.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Check your PMs...

Mine is wet as heck with full muscle and bakes on .... I have to soak and scrub.
                              I use Alegro and it does make a mess but the dishwasher cleans the trays right up. No scrubbin needed

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                                I use Alegro and it does make a mess but the dishwasher cleans the trays right up. No scrubbin needed

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Mine does not. Got a new DW last year so maybe it will do a better job. Hopefully the new trays will clean up better as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X