Seattle must do's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SHOOTNSTR8 View Post
    Drive over to the small German town of Leavenworth. Nice drive through the mountains and Leavenworth is a really cool town. We skipped a day planned in Seattle to go back there a second time.
    We were there several years ago in the summer definitely a cool place. I bet this time of year it being close to Christmas it is hopping. Weren’t the entire theme of the town was a German/Bavarian theme?

Comment

Take ferry to bay bridge island. Walk around and go eat over there. No problems. Space needle is cool.

Comment

Space needle
        Pikes market

Comment

Pack a gun! That’s all I got.

Comment

Originally posted by mchunter67 View Post
            Chihuly Garden and Glass all blown glass by one artist best thing i seen in Seattle
            This and again on the Boeing tour to see the Dreamliner construction - it’s amazing!

Comment

Pike Market. Get donuts. Buy Salmon Jerky. Buy tons of Jelly. Eat eat eat. Tour the city. If you don't have fun there. You are broken.

Comment

Go to the seafood market where they throw fish around, is that Pikes Place ?
                Looked like a great place to visit.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                  Pike Market. Get donuts. Buy Salmon Jerky. Buy tons of Jelly. Eat eat eat. Tour the city. If you don't have fun there. You are broken.

That’s what we did. Never felt unsafe. It was a good trip. I was skeptical at first but Seattle is a really nice city. I’d go back one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pikes has changed quickly- lots of transients or urban rays living at the end now.

Comment

I was just there a month ago and didn’t have any issues with the homeless. We stayed at the Renaissance Hotel Downtown. We walked to Pikes Place Market which was pretty cool. We did the Ferris Wheel by the water and just walked the street by the water. I really wasn’t interested in the Space Needle but could see it from the Ferris Wheel. If you’re planning a trip to Mount Rainier most of the visitor centers are closed and some of the roads like the one heading to reflection lake was already closed.I would take a ferry to the San Juan Islands. We did a whale watching tour and the company I did mine through stops at the end of October but if you can find another tour that still runs it was an amazing experience.we wanted to go to Leavenworth WA but didn’t have enough time. I’ve heard at Christmas it’s awesome. I posted some photos in the Photography part of the forum titled Pacific NW Orca, Seals and Landscapes.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOOTNSTR8 View Post
                        Drive over to the small German town of Leavenworth. Nice drive through the mountains and Leavenworth is a really cool town. We skipped a day planned in Seattle to go back there a second time.
                        That’s not a bad choice unless the BMW club is there…..it’s a little drive though.

Comment

Gum wall
                          Dukes chowder house
                          Pikes market

And for all things glorious.......TOP DONUT.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Piroshky Piroshky Has great pastries. It’s 3-4 doors down from the original Starbucks (in Pikes Market).

Rainier has gotten a lot of snow already and a lot of roads are closed for the season.

The Crab Pot on the water front has great seafood.

The Ballard Locks is a cool thing to see also.

Comment

Some of the roads in Rainier may be closed, so check on that before driving out.

People often overlook in Olympic National Park to the west of Seatle (on the peninsula) in favor of Rainier. My wife and I love Olympic NP. It's about a 2.5-hour drive and ferry ride from Seatle. The ferry is cool, the drive is scenic. Head to Port Angeles, there are a couple of good eats there. Then drive up to Hurricane Ridge from there. Beautiful views. If you have more time you can drive to the west coast and check out the Hoh River and the awesome pacific coast, but it's another 2-hour drive probably. You shouldn't be snowed out of Olympic yet.

Seattle is a pretty cool city if you stay in the nicer parts (like any city). All the places mentioned already are must-sees in the city. There are a couple of cool parks in the city that overlook Elliot Bay.

Comment

Take a boat to Victoria Island BC

Comment

Working...
                                X