Losing a hunting buddy to his wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rtjh View Post
    Hunted with a buddy for almost 20 years - deer, ducks, dove, everything. Since he got married a year ago he's hunted once. That one trip he promised her he would only watch the animals, not shoot anything. After the trip all our group texts from during the hunt got deleted from his phone to keep the wife from seeing them. He's already saying he can't make dove season, and will possibly make a late season deer hunt. Of all people I've know this is the last person I'd expect to do this. Blows my mind what people put up with and let happen to them.
    You know what your buddy is right?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

It may not be a sacrifice. Seasons and stages of life change. Hobbies and interests also change no matter how deep you think the roots and traditions run...just a suggestion... I know this has happened to men and women I know. It was NOT due to control or such. Just something positive to add..

Comment

Originally posted by czechgrubworm View Post
        It may not be a sacrifice. Seasons and stages of life change. Hobbies and interests also change no matter how deep you think the roots and traditions run...just a suggestion... I know this has happened to men and women I know. It was NOT due to control or such. Just something positive to add..
        That he deletes group texts says otherwise.

Comment

Stories like this make me glad mine likes to hunt as much as I do. Suggestion for you to help him out though.

Get him a set of these so he can at least feel like a man:

Neuticles has provided proven, humane solutions for pets, their caring owners, and veterinarians for over a quarter century.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
            Happy wife, happy life.
            Or no wife, happy life.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
              Stories like this make me glad mine likes to hunt as much as I do. Suggestion for you to help him out though.

Get him a set of these so he can at least feel like a man:

https://neuticles.com/
              WTH?? Who buys that crap?

Comment

Originally posted by powderburner View Post
                My dad got married to my mom November 30th. My Dad was a die hard deer hunter and everyone said well he will never hunt again. My dad told my mom that if their anniversary was Tuesday-Thursday he would be home. Friday-Monday they would celebrate it Tuesday-Thursday. They did that till he passed. I got married in October I told my wife I will be home on our anniversary. 22 years this year and no issues.
                I told mine we can get married on any day so long as its between June 1 and Aug 31. She chose June 24

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                  So whats your buddies contact info? Id like first dibs on guns, bows, fishin poles etc

And he aint coming back to reality. My brother used to hunt, fish and was a joy to be around. Then he got married. It slowed to just fishing cause she wont eat wild game (knowingly). Then they had a kid and it all but quit. Hes got a boat that hasnt seen water for 10 years, guns with no bullets and even guns at my dads house hes forgotten about.

AND, his wife is a cee you next tuesday and their son is gonna end up on dateline before he makes 40. But hey, Im a bad parent cause I let my kid watch TV and play shoot em up games on the x-box. Now hes a delinquent with an out of state scholarship for academics and the shooting team with his own boat
                  Good chance you will get an extra set of nutz come with those guns

Comment

It looks like someone wasn’t completely open and honest early on in the relationship. Never marry someone who is not likeminded.

Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.

Comment

I once had A hot one tell me I could not hunt any more. I said NEXT !

Comment

Maybe she has a big ranch with great genetics and stocked ponds and this is just a front bc he can’t bring guests.

Comment

I will sacrifice for my wife. I will not give up my passions for her. She has her own opinions of my friends. Its ok. They are my friends. She understands my boundaries, for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                            Good chance you will get an extra set of nutz come with those guns
                            I'd happily give them to my brother. But I'm afraid they're already snipped

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

This may be off the wall but does she peg him? 🤣🤣

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
                                Happy wife, happy life.
                                Yeah ok. The wife dictates your happiness. That's a great way to live.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X