Show me your driveway entrance.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
    Off topic but are you buying in Brazoria county?
    yes

Comment

Originally posted by Heartland Hunter View Post
      Driveway gate
      I like that... How much did all that cost you?

Comment

Nothing fancy, 16’ high with Apollo opener.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Let me make one suggestion. If you're wanting a gate built, reach out to a few local school FFA programs. Lots of times the kids need projects. You will probably just have to cover materials and maybe a donation to the school program. The kids will get experience and maybe be able to enter it in the county show before the gate is delivered. Plus, schools have incredible equipment now days to do cutouts or whatever you might want. We had a nice 16' gate made and hung by our school. I think it was about $500 (total material and donation).

Comment

Not mine, just the last one I built for a new landowner. And of course, the last pic, after I got the entry sign hung, is sideways per my M.O.. Oh well. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
            Attached Files

Comment

Y’all have some nice entrances
              Mine is simple but my road curves at about 50 yards thru so you can’t see my house
              I also have a game camera facing down the driveway toward the house to catch cars/license plates coming and going. Amazing the variety of animals I see on it.
              Got a photo of a big coachwhip snake last week!

Comment

Here's a link to a lot more:

There are some creative skills with this group!

Comment

Haul a lot of hay and equipment. I hate hat rack entrances. Lol.

Comment

[ATTACH]1099559[/ATTACH]

Comment

How deep are you guys drilling for the upright posts that the gate attaches to? I did one a few years ago and could only auger down 4ft, and that wasn't near enough to hold the gate and posts.

Comment

Originally posted by dmk View Post
                        Let me make one suggestion. If you're wanting a gate built, reach out to a few local school FFA programs. Lots of times the kids need projects. You will probably just have to cover materials and maybe a donation to the school program. The kids will get experience and maybe be able to enter it in the county show before the gate is delivered. Plus, schools have incredible equipment now days to do cutouts or whatever you might want. We had a nice 16' gate made and hung by our school. I think it was about $500 (total material and donation).
                        This is a great idea, not all can come and install it. But building a gate is a pretty cool thing for the students to learn.

If you or anybody else is going this route just remember a couple of things.
                        it is student built
                        that means it won't be done as fast a normal shop (atleast double maybe even triple the time)
                        it may not be perfect
                        most of the times the kids working on it will have tons of pride in the finished project!

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
                          How deep are you guys drilling for the upright posts that the gate attaches to? I did one a few years ago and could only auger down 4ft, and that wasn't near enough to hold the gate and posts.
                          I used 24', 4" pipe, 16' above ground and 8' below ground. Has not moved in over 20 years.

Comment

If you ever pull any trailers make your entrance deep enough to pull to the gate and the trailer is off the road.

Comment

I'm also an Ag shop teacher...I concur with all that Welding Teach said above. Reach out to your local Ag/shop teacher and give those kids some projects to work on!

Comment

Inspired by "savin yours".

Comment

Working...
                                X