Electric Push Mower?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric Push Mower?

Anyone have an electric push mower? Lowes has an 80V self propelled one I was looking at. Pretty expensive.

If you have one....pros, cons, etc??

I have a Ryobi 40v I believe it is... works great, I do not have a huge yard though and its not self propelled. pro the battery also goes on blower and weed eater/edger.. expensive yes but I enjoy mowing and save on the $20-$40 yard crew every other week its already paid for itself. Another pro is don't have to mess with gas oil and maintenance that I have no business tinkering with haha.

Only con is running out of battery but like I said my yard is not that big so I have no issue.

Comment

I have one that I purchased at Home Depot. Was expensive $400 bucks, but I have a really small yard. I had purchased the battery powered weed eater and it worked good. Mower is the same, starts every time (my old gas one not so much), plenty of power and cuts well. I will say this, it only runs a about 20minutes tops on the battery provided. if you have a larger yard, you may want to get an extra battery.

Comment

I had one many years ago, I kept running over the extension cord. I was young and careless. After chopping up about 6 cords I went and bought a gas mower.

Comment

I have a Dewalt that might end up going to the deer lease. We sold our house and its too small for the new venture. I liked it once I got used to it. I had very thick San Augustine grass, and I had a hard time at first getting the battery to last. The problem was I was cutting that thick grass too short, and cutting it when it was wet and dewey outside. Once I picked up the blade a little bit I had no more issues! I'm going to bring it to the lease now so that we don't have to worry about it being gummed up or anything like that.

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
            I have a Dewalt that might end up going to the deer lease. We sold our house and its too small for the new venture. I liked it once I got used to it. I had very thick San Augustine grass, and I had a hard time at first getting the battery to last. The problem was I was cutting that thick grass too short, and cutting it when it was wet and dewey outside. Once I picked up the blade a little bit I had no more issues! I'm going to bring it to the lease now so that we don't have to worry about it being gummed up or anything like that.
            My wife bought a Dewalt with a bag @ Lowes on clearance last year for >$100. We've got a small backyard area where the pool & pavilion are and it works perfect for that.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. My yard is small as well but is thick St Augustine. I like the maintenance free aspect of it...which is why i'm in the market for a new mower, get tired of trying to get the old gas one cleaned up & started after not using it for 3-4 months.

Comment

I got the EGO mower and weed eater last year, I think they r great, plenty of power and are still going strong when I finish my yard

Comment

I like my EGO
                  I got the self propelled with bigger battery
                  I have not run out of juice yet

Comment

Bringing this back up ...anybody got experience with these seeing this goes back 6 years...I’m in the market and tired of dealing with gas and carburetors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a Ryobi 40v. I had actually bought the 40v Weedeater 1st and liked it so well I bought the mower without battery and charger. It works great too. Only mistake I made was when I bought the mower I didn't pay attention to size. it is only 16 inched wide and I thought I was buying 22 inch wide one. Probably will get the wider one then sell the narrow one.

Comment

This thread ranks in the top 3 for girliest threads

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
                          Bringing this back up ...anybody got experience with these seeing this goes back 6 years...I’m in the market and tired of dealing with gas and carburetors

Must have missed your man card for sale in the classifieds

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                            Must have missed your man card for sale in the classifieds

I don’t need a gas powered mower to make me think my **** is big

Comment

In the market for new lawn equipment soon and battery powered is on my radar for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X